Rochdale Cabs, Customers request White drivers only

Neither, it is the customers preference and is neither illegal or discriminatory.

To turn it on its head, some taxi firms supply female drivers on request. This is neither sexist or illegal.

Neither, it is the customers preference and is neither illegal or discriminatory.

To turn it on its head, some taxi firms supply female drivers on request. This is neither sexist or illegal.

But isn't that like women saying, all men are rapists?

But isn't that like women saying, all men are rapists?

Someone holding what many would consider an incorrect point of view is still allowed to form opinion on that point of view.

I would think it's down to the individual who they're willing to pay to drive them home.

After the bad publicity regarding Rotherham taxi drivers, it's hardly surprising that some people would feel like this.

Having said that, I tend to judge as I find. Over the years I've probably caught over 1,000 taxis after a night out in Sheffield city centre and I would think 99% of the drivers have an Asian (Muslim?) background. My experiences of them are generally very positive. I'm a fairly sociable individual and usually enter into a conversation with them about various subjects, including sport, family and religion....They've nearly all been as good as gold with me, the only ones who haven't are the odd ones who couldn't speak much English.

I'll have no problem flagging down an Asian taxi driver this coming Saturday night.....When it's cold and wet I feel like giving them a kiss when they stop for me. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

It is not illegal and is discrimination only from the side of the customer. The business is catering to the needs of their customers.

Feel sorry for the Asian drivers still in Rochdale whom had nothing to do with the incidents. Surely these are the most impacted people in the community, after the victims and their families.

In my mind, if a customer wants to be specific about who serves them, a company should cater to this if it is cost effective.

No its not discrimination. Ive asked 2 Sheffield firms to provide white only drivers in the past and in fact quite recently. It didnt make the papers or the internet and my white driver turned up on every occasion with no problems at all.

No its not discrimination. Ive asked 2 Sheffield firms to provide white only drivers in the past and in fact quite recently. It didnt make the papers or the internet and my white driver turned up on every occasion with no problems at all.

Could you please tell us why you asked for white drivers, even before the Rochdale incident?

Could you please tell us why you asked for white drivers, even before the Rochdale incident?

Tell you, you mean. Why do you want to know?

Why do you want to know?

Why not?.........

Why not?.........

Well the taxi companies never asked why. Whats the reason you want to know? I think thats a fair question.

Well the taxi companies never asked why. Whats the reason you want to know? I think thats a fair question.

Because I don't know anyone who has ever asked a cab company that they want a white cab driver only, so from my and many other people's point of view it's an unusual request. So what's your reason for such a request?