UFO Spotted at international space station - Your thoughts

Seems like there's another UFO story. Was spotted in space whilst they where carrying repairs at the International Space Station.

What's people thoughts as to what would happen if we did have aliens come to Earth and it was irrefutable that it was alien life? Would you want it to happen and would it make a difference to the world, in terms of stopping wars and other conflicts? Or would it even stop conflicts because we'd have something else to focus on! (which I'm not sure it would) Do we need something as dramatic as this to change our ways?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2801707/UFO-spotted-NASA-video-astronauts-carry-repairs-International-Space-Station.html

It would depend on their reason for coming here

Are the aliens well fit and horny looking?

It would depend on their reason for coming here

Let's just say there were curious, not necessarily harmful. I appreciate it's all hypothetical.

---------- Post added 21-10-2014 at 17:30 ----------

Are the aliens well fit and horny looking?

Hmmmm - never thought of it like that :hihi:

Interesting question.

I think it would have to be secret or very well managed to avoid hysteria etc.

Which makes me wonder if it hasn't already happened.

The theory is that any aliens visiting earth would have to be very much more advanced than us, and generally that does not end well for the less advanced side.

Interesting question.

I think it would have to be secret or very well managed to avoid hysteria etc.

Which makes me wonder if it hasn't already happened.

The theory is that any aliens visiting earth would have to be very much more advanced than us, and generally that does not end well for the less advanced side.

Ok, supposing it wasn't a secret. What do you think would happen, what kind of hysteria, would it makes us better or worse as a society - in terms of world conflicts, world domination? Would it make us become a whole rather than conflicting parts?

I think it would be bigger than the "Jesus" effect.

What if the Aliens wanted to promote peace, for their own ideological reasons? We assume aliens will be fierce and evil... but isn't this just a reflection on how we as a society view things - so it's only how we would probably behave if we went to another planet who were less "powerful" than us.

Perhaps it is the alcocopter?

Ok, supposing it wasn't a secret. What do you think would happen, what kind of hysteria, would it makes us better or worse as a society - in terms of world conflicts, world domination? Would it make us become a whole rather than conflicting parts?

I think it would be bigger than the "Jesus" effect.

What if the Aliens wanted to promote peace, for their own ideological reasons? We assume aliens will be fierce and evil... but isn't this just a reflection on how we as a society view things - so it's only how we would probably behave if we went to another planet who were less "powerful" than us.

Why would NASA or the military suddenly reveal something they've supposedly kept a secret for decades, and for what purpose?

Why would NASA or the military suddenly reveal something they've supposedly kept a secret for decades, and for what purpose?

I don't think that's really a question I need to answer because as I said it's hypothetical. And probably the truth is, they would cover it up.

It was just a hypothetical question.

Who supposes this? The OP? Or people outside of this hypothesis?

Perhaps it is the alcocopter?

No ... the Alcocopter®'s in quarantine at the mo! Bit of an accident involving the Police, hazmat suits, Tesco carrier bags and transportation of biohazard viruses. Can't say too much. :(

It's rather fun, isn't it, but why can't we believe in such things?