Midwifes' are to strike 13/10/14

Another result of this governments cuts. Yet another vital service to the public has been put under attack to the point of breaking!

Good luck today girls! (And boys)

Strike action is a last resort, I hope your actions make the government pay attention!

I doubt it will, sadly, but seconded anyway.

Yes, good luck to them.

Also well done to the ones who will still have to work today (labour ward for example), hope the patients will understand.

Their fighting for a 1% pay rise, whilst the Goverment are giving themselve's a10% pay rise, . Shocking!:gag:

Its the N.H.S as a whole who are striking this morning, so everything will be affected

Its the N.H.S as a whole who are striking this morning, so everything will be affected

.......good!

This is an emotive issue, but at a time of national austerity the offer on the table is not that bad. Many in the private sector, whose taxes pay for the NHS and whose companies taxed profits also contribute, have had an effectively frozen pay situation for years.

The government policy is working, after the Labour catastrophe has been tackled, the deficit is down and we are in sight of its elimination, the economy is growing faster than any other mature economy.

I for one hope that the midwives and others, restrain their action a little longer. Better times are coming, as long as, at the next general election, we vote Tory.

This is an emotive issue, but at a time of national austerity the offer on the table is not that bad. Many in the private sector, whose taxes pay for the NHS and whose companies taxed profits also contribute, have had an effectively frozen pay situation for years.

The government policy is working, after the Labour catastrophe has been tackled, the deficit is down and we are in sight of its elimination, the economy is growing faster than any other mature economy.

I for one hope that the midwives and others, restrain their action a little longer. Better times are coming, as long as, at the next general election, we vote Tory.

Yeah! Like thats going to happen.:loopy:

Edited by PRESLEY

Good luck to them, I hope the government takes notice.

They're asking for a less than inflation increase in pay and have been refused, it's ridiculous.

Its a shame the MPs don't feel the same. Nurses have been on a pay freeze and the Torys want another 3 years freeze. In the mean time they give themselves 10%. I know group i value more. Its just another example of the, out of touch Westminster club. When key workers in the SE don't earn enough to cover their rent then you have a crisis.

As for vote Tory. Save your breath they have no chance come election time. But they wont mind, they can live off the huge severance package and profit from their second homes.

Meanwhile senior tories have admitted that NHS reforms, pushed through despite not being in either Tory or LibDem manifestos, have been a mistake that has cost at least £5billion a year.

Although some people have got very wealthy out of the reforms, mainly private companies, Tory donors and Tory cronies.

Link from The Times - (only part available)

Meanwhile senior tories have admitted that NHS reforms, pushed through despite not being in either Tory or LibDem manifestos, have been a mistake that has cost at least £5billion a year.

Although some people have got very wealthy out of the reforms, mainly private companies, Tory donors and Tory cronies.

Link from The Times - (only part available)

It's shame the whole thing wasn't available. The Nhs did/does need reform and it does waste millions and millions - you don't need to be a Tory (which I'm not )to see that. But it's gone pearshaped and begs the question is it even possible to reform it on a national level? Is it just too big to do?