Oscar Pistorius Trial

Am I the only one who is getting really annoyed with the amount of airtime the BBC are wasting on this whole Pistorius case?

I really don't give a flying donkey about it, yet each time I tune into 5live I have to hear him sobbing about something, each time I open the BBC website I get welcomed by some "update", when I watch he 6 o'clock news I'm greeted by it... And so on and on and on....

Who cares, so what if he is famous!

My sentiments exactly.

Here here! It's like a bloody soap opera. Just send him down and have done with it.

It's just a good excuse not to report on all the atrocities and corruption happening day after day

Am I the only one who is getting really annoyed with the amount of airtime the BBC are wasting on this whole Pistorius case?

I really don't give a flying donkey about it, yet each time I tune into 5live I have to hear him sobbing about something, each time I open the BBC website I get welcomed by some "update", when I watch he 6 o'clock news I'm greeted by it... And so on and on and on....

Who cares, so what if he is famous!

Totally agree, it has been on BBC / Sky News channels non stop for the past few weeks.

What a joke, it's just an athlete who had a moment of madness ending in someone's death.

It could happen to us all, I think there are far more pressing matters at hand than showing this fiasco.

Totally agree, it has been on BBC / Sky News channels non stop for the past few weeks.

What a joke, it's just an athlete who had a moment of madness ending in someone's death.

It could happen to us all, I think there are far more pressing matters at hand than showing this fiasco.

IMO every piece of pseudo reality crap that's pumped out by the channels is a fiasco. In fairness the Pistorius case is real reality...my lady.

On the following web site the BBC say: 'there is a significant amount of audience interest'

I wonder how they arrive at that assessment?

Part of me thinks its just easy and cheap TV but the BBC would never do that surely?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complaint/oscarpistoriustrialcoverage/

On the following web site the BBC say: 'there is a significant amount of audience interest'

I wonder how they arrive at that assessment?

Part of me thinks its just easy and cheap TV but the BBC would never do that surely?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complaint/oscarpistoriustrialcoverage/

The BBC are cost cutting, they would show a horse in a hoop skirt if it got them more ratings :hihi:

The BBC are cost cutting, they would show a horse in a hoop skirt if it got them more ratings :hihi:

I for one would watch that.

Sky News are no better, haven't they got any David Cameron ass kissing news to air :rolleyes:

Thanks for that Mikes10. I decided to put another complaint in:

I read your reply regarding the Pistorius coverage complaint and still find myself unsatisfied with the answer. It is not proportionate to provide this much attention to a court case that is taking place thousands of miles away on the grounds that it involves a 'star'. Your reply (Coverage of the Oscar Pistorius trial) concerns the first day of the court case. We are now weeks later and still we seem to be bombarded with this case at every opportunity.

Leave the star coverage to the gossip magazines but don't pretend this is relevant news, it is not.

The BBC News channel has been like that since the trial started. It was the lead item over the Crimea crisis. 24 hours news means that channels have to fill their schedules and attract large audiences. Dumbing down helps them do that.