No more selling on eBay.

Indeed, I'll sell small/cheap stuff but they take too much to be selling expensive stuff on there.

That's probably why you don't have many problems. I have sold 700+ items on my Ebay account and lots on Amazon too. I sell Video Games, Dvd's, tools e,c,t

Most Items I sell are between £5 - £15. I have never had any problem with these sales.

But when I have sold expensive items some ''Get lost'' ''Damaged'' ''not as advertised'' or some sort of problem....

I think it is mighty convenient that the cheap ones make it there safe and sound but the more valuable ones get lost..

My advice to anyone would be to make it as hard as possible for them to get there money back... Also on Ebay and Amazon don't just Refund them straight off, Make them open a case (Don't worrie it wont affect your seller rating or anything like that)

I also tried avoiding getting negative feedback on Amazon and succeeded for about a year. I was getting plagued with problem buyers WEEKLY. I eventually got a Neg feedback on a Wii Bundle (£90) I made it as difficult as I could for him, In part of his feedback he put '' Seller didn't give refund I had to open A-z Case'' Since getting this I have had zero problems, Im still selling the same amount of products for the same prices. But now no con merchants.

I think the worse thing you can do is just refund them straight away no questions asked.

Don't let um mug you off... Make it as Difficult as you Can for them

Hope this helps

Have you had the notification that you've been force-enrolled into the Global Shipping Program (or somesuch) yet?

That's just about ended it for me, I'm waiting to see if and how I can 'un-enrol' first.

My Ebay > Account > Site Preferences > Postage and packaging preferences > Edit button on the Offer the Global Shipping Programme and untick the box.

I don't get the problem. If they say it doesn't work then they send it back, when you get it back and make sure it's the same working phone and they aren't trying to scam you, then refund them. If they don't send it back, it's not your problem.

Doesnt work like that tho does it, thats why they do it. They could send you an old broken one or even just an empty box, aslong as they have sent it to you tracked ebay will refund them.

I don't understand why someone has not come up with a viable alternative to feabay/scamazon.

I wish we could have an alternative.

We've been thinking of a social media campaign about how ebay works. They seem to pick and choose which bits of EU law they want and discard others.

We run an ebay shop and 60% of our business is done through that channel. At the moment there seems to be a hostage situation with buyers suggesting that the goods aren't quite what they wanted but will accept a partial refund in exchange for positive feedback. We've also had customers send back their old, broken goods in exchange for our new ones, customers dispute arrival of X product when it's been sent with others and customers dispute arrival of goods when they a) havent collected them from the post office when they couldnt be delivered or b) signed for them!

We've always security marked our goods but have now resorted to a webcam above our packing desk which will show addressee, show working parts and all the parts going into the box. It's amazing how many cases get "dropped" when we offer proof.

We've also, on occasion, had police involvement due to the fraud. It's interesting that Ebay/Paypal are more eager for resolution when this is the case ...

My Ebay > Account > Site Preferences > Postage and packaging preferences > Edit button on the Offer the Global Shipping Programme and untick the box.

Nice one. Done.

:thumbsup:

I've been selling on Ebay for about 13 years and have come across more than my fair share of idiot buyers/bidders and scammers. With the changes they've made over the years of increasing selling fees, not letting the buyer leave negative feedback for these timewasters, and weighting everything in favour of the buyer I rarely bother selling on there now and certainly wouldn't sell anything of significant value.

I even had a case a few months back where I'd sent something by recorded delivery, the buyer raised a non-delivery case very quickly which set off alarm bells, and the tracking showed that the item was delivered and included a signature which was clearly the same name as the buyer, but the buyer then claimed that it wasn't him who'd signed for it - and Ebay sided with him and made me refund him! Fortunately I took it further and they did eventually give me my money back, but things like that make you wonder why you bother.

I don't understand why someone has not come up with a viable alternative to feabay/scamazon.

There are alternatives, but they aren't very big - just not taken off in the same was as ebay.

So sellers don't get the market size to sell to because most buyers go to ebay - partly because of the buyer protection but largely because people know it is the biggest and certainly the best known.

a-sideways-fart

What's one of these then Looby loooo :hihi:

Would you say the Ebay global shipping program is a positive or negative? I have had a e-mail inviting me to join it but reading some comments on here they make it look a bad thing?

I would have expected one by now.

Gumtree could have been it but even eBay bought that in 2005.

Surely that's what gumtree is - everything is done by collection, cash in hand so no quibble after the fact, no fees.

You could always advertise on here, so long as you are prepared to be contacted by morons offering you a tiny fraction of the asking price, or just not turning up.

Of course you don't have as many buyers but that's why ebay costs more.

I've never had a problem selling in ebay - you know the fees before you go on.

Just make sure you take lots of photos of the item, be honest about condition, set it to UK buyers, PayPal only, no negative feedback bidders and always use a recorded postage service. Take pics of the item during and after packing - it takes 2 seconds extra.