Tucci at Meadowhall

In May i bought a jacket for £90 from Tucci before deciding it wasnt right so I took it back, to be told I could only have a credit note. Now I wasnt too happy about that as I had never been told they don't do refunds, and if they had told me I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Anyway I took the credit note and they told me I had 1 year to redeem it, the next time I went to Meadowhall was about a month later (I live in Chesterfield and dont drive) to find Tucci is closing down, and with naff all on the shelves I was told by a rude member to staff to 'find something I want by the end of the week' but there was like NOWT on the shelves!! I said cant I have my money back and she said take it up with head office and gave me the address, so i wrote them a nice letter asking for my 90 squiddle back but had no reply. So now I am stuck with a useless and expensive piece of paper, surely I have some rights about getting me money back?????:confused:

Nope - If you bought something and didn't like it - then you rely on the goodwill of the store. There is no law to say that you must get your moneyback and they don't even have to give you a credit note.

The only time you can get a refund is if they are faulty in some way.

People should make their minds up in the shop. Maybe if their were no fitting rooms or if it was a gift I could understand it. Almost three months later and you decide you don't want it? If it were my shop you wouldnt have got a refund either i'm afraid. Imagine if everyone did as you did, shops would be full of virtually second hand stock that had been in other peoples homes for weeks on end.

if you had it read it properly it says I took it back a month later, but thanks for that, great help

sorry you are correct, i didn't read it properly. try their website shop to spend your credit note, they might accept them i dunno.

I'll try the website thanks but I won't hold my breath, hope so tho cos I am skinnnnt (serve me right for spending such an obscene amount on 1 item)

hi rachc123, was the jacket faulty in anyway? was their refund policy in plain view in the shop or on your receipt? did the staff say you could bring it back? you may have grounds for a refund.

Make the jacket faulty. Although i suppose you've left it a little late now.

Make the jacket faulty. Although i suppose you've left it a little late now.

Yeah, be as bad as a thief good idea!

Yeah, be as bad as a thief good idea!

;)

Don't be so dramatic.

Dramatic? How do u come to that conclusion?

Damaging goods to falsely claim it's faulty for a refund - item is unsaleable and unreturnable to manufacturers - result is the same as if it were stolen. Maybe you have never owned a shop.