Anybody know the radio code for a Citroen Saxo

In the 'old' days you could wrap your player in cling film and a towel and put the whole thing in the freezer overnight, and that would clear having to put a code in. I don't know if that still works on todays players though? :suspect:

HAHAHA! How do people find these things out?!

HAHAHA! How do people find these things out?!

Haha I know what you mean! :hihi:

Did you marinate it aswell?

Of course, in a little balsamic vinegar :hihi:

In the 'old' days you could wrap your player in cling film and a towel and put the whole thing in the freezer overnight, and that would clear having to put a code in. I don't know if that still works on todays players though? :suspect:

It is an urban myth

The myth:

“Putting a stereo in the freezer wipes the security code.”

The truth:

Another long-running rumour. When the first-ever security-coded radio arrived in the Eighties, someone found the memory could be wiped if it was subjected to temperatures below -20 degrees Centigrade. Then, any code could be entered and the stereo would work.

But DC Elliott said: “The manufacturer quickly fixed the problem and it hasn’t worked on that or any other stereo since. This hasn’t stopped people still trying it, though. And doing this mostly results in another part of the stereo – usually the LCD display or CD player – breaking and rendering

the whole unit worthless.”

Edited by zongamin

When you open the freezer the next day the radio will be working full blast to the music of "skiing in the snow" by wigans ovation.

It is an urban myth

The myth:

The truth:

Another long-running rumour. When the first-ever security-coded radio arrived in the Eighties, someone found the memory could be wiped if it was subjected to temperatures below -20 degrees Centigrade. Then, any code could be entered and the stereo would work.

But DC Elliott said: “The manufacturer quickly fixed the problem and it hasn’t worked on that or any other stereo since. This hasn’t stopped people still trying it, though. And doing this mostly results in another part of the stereo – usually the LCD display or CD player – breaking and rendering

I don't know about this myth lark, but I know it worked for my Phillips player out of my Astra! Try reading all of my post!

Edited by Frohike
Missed abit!

PM me. I will try to help you, but I need more information from the radio chassis.

Thanks.

Hi there. I've just come along this thread in a google search.

Are you still able to help with this problem? I've taken my radio out and got the serial number but the internet is wanting to charge £18 to make it work, and as can be seen on here, cheaper radios are out there....

It is an urban myth

The myth:

The truth:

It's not a myth if it did actually work at one point.

You could finish up with a frozen knob doing that.:roll:

Hi there. I've just come along this thread in a google search.

Are you still able to help with this problem? I've taken my radio out and got the serial number but the internet is wanting to charge £18 to make it work, and as can be seen on here, cheaper radios are out there....

The person you quoted hasn't posted on this forum for 2 1/2 years. I don't think you'll be getting a reply from them!! ;)