Darts in Sheffield

Hi All, iv'e just moved into Sheffield from the peak district, i currently play darts still for a pub team out there but i'm looking for a new team to join closer to home! Does anyone on here play for a team that needs more players?

I don't. But, I too am interested in joining a darts team. Maybe there is the opportunity to build a team? Maybe ask for players on the forum?

Anyone interested, please register your interest to owlman1971@talktalk.net

Please mention 'Darts' in the email title. Thanks.

Most pubs with a board have teams. We usually play on Tuesday nights. Also, most teams we play struggle for players (Chapeltown and District).

I am the world's crappest darts player. My old local used to have a darts team but often struggled for numbers. As I like beer and visiting other pubs I often played when other far, far superior players (those who can somehow manage to get all three darts on the board) were absent.

Sadly and unbeknown to me, another pub darts team was blessed with the world's second crappest darts player and it was bad fortune which ensured the two of us played each other.

I apologise for the tedium we caused all the other players as we spent half an hour trying to land one of our darts in double one. Naturally, I can't recall whether I won or not as my brain had, by then, turned to mulch.

hiya i once remember playing a game some 50 years ago with this dart player called brian a local,,we played 2 other locals on a what was termed a sheffield board ( no trebles) a doubles board, we were playing 1 to 20 and bull i started off one arrow at double one which i missed, the next time i threw brian went from 1 to 20 and missed the bull i threw for the bull, i had 3 throws at the bull but missed i hit it on my next set meaning i only had at the most seven arrows to win my half of bitter we played for.

Edited by willybite

hiya i once remember playing a game some 50 years ago with this dart player called brian a local,,we played 2 other locals on a what was termed a sheffield board ( no trebles) a doubles board, we were playing 1 to 20 and bull i started off one arrow at double one which i missed, the next time i threw brian went from 1 to 20 and missed the bull i threw for the bull, i had 3 throws at the bull but missed i hit it on my next set meaning i only had at the most seven arrows to win my half of bitter we played for.

did they call him langworth from round bramall lane area

did they call him langworth from round bramall lane area

hiya sorry no his name was brian(not brian langworth) can't remember his second name but he would come in our local with his father in law who had been a good thrower some years earlier, the father in laws party trick was to cover the board with a news paper and ask some to name 3 doubles and sure enough he managed 2 out of 3. the father inlaw played with some of the good players like tich walker was it reg or eric hunter ,fred waites george(sheeny) roome these were good players around the 40s/50s, the name brian langworth was a cousin of roy also a good thrower, i remember brian working at laycocks in the 60s for a couple of weeks .he once told me he needed 8 hrs practice a day in fact he said he had a dartboard hung up behind his toilet door so as not to waste any time ha ha

Edited by willybite

hiya sorry no his name was brian(not brian langworth) can't remember his second name but he would come in our local with his father in law who had been a good thrower some years earlier, the father in laws party trick was to cover the board with a news paper and ask some to name 3 doubles and sure enough he managed 2 out of 3. the father inlaw played with some of the good players like tich walker was it reg or eric hunter ,fred waites george(sheeny) roome these were good players around the 40s/50s, the name brian langworth was a cousin of roy also a good thrower, i remember brian working at laycocks in the 60s for a couple of weeks .

i remember them names lasttime i saw tich walker was in pitsmoor club inew roome and his son i playedwith brian langworth in yorkshire super leauge

i played mostly round carbrook hung my darts up in 1991

i know this post is a few months old but did anything ever come of it. Very interested if there are teams needing players.

no i was looking to get a game near me in chesterfield but nowt came up

I play in Eckington & district games league on a Monday.

There is a new team in our league called the Royal Oak in Eckington which are on the look out for players.

pm me for more info

I need some players for the sheffield and heeley league on a thursday night starting september time will be playing home games from the carlton club on leighton s14