Hallam Towers, Manchester Road 26/03/2017

Anyone know what happened on Manchester road? Police car, can fire engine and helicopter?

Was this around 6pm just at the turn off from Broomhill? We saw ambulance, police and paramedics at the old Hallam towers entrance. Wondered what had happened ourselves.

Which Manchester Road ?

The one in broomhill

Someone was injured at the derelict hotel, don't know how but possibly fell from the building. Saw a male casualty taken away by ambulance in a neck brace. Police have been all over the site since then and a small area is taped off, seemed to be a group of friends with the casualty but all the police activity is odd to say the least.

Edited by dpr321

I live right next to Hallam Towers and the police have been there all night (still there now). Certainly seems to be more behind it than an accident.

I arrived home yesterday evening at about 5, so not sure what happened initially. Been various amounts of police/fire brigade there since.

There are sections beneath the hotel that are taped off with police tape. A patrol car has been by this all night; presumably to keep the site secure/any evidence untouched.

Hopefully more will come to light in terms of what has happened!

The entrance to Victoria House near the top of the hill was also cordoned off by police and SOCO van plus helicopter very active from around 19:00 or so. I don't know if it was connected to the incident at Hallam Towers. The old hotel is a magnet for youngsters up to no good. One Sunday late afternoon a couple of months back someone was in there & appeared to be pointing a laser pen at cars on Fulwood Road. It's been set on fire a few times as well.

Yeah, there is always something happening, particularly as the weather improves. A couple of weeks ago, fireworks were being set off from the top and headed towards Fulwood Road.

It is a nuisance in an otherwise quiet and nice area.

The sooner the owners decide what they are doing, the better. Maybe this incident and the police involvement will give them some impetus to do something.

youngsters up to no good

I'd say most have been young adults, and the vast majority of those entering the site have been there to explore, take photos, and create graffiti art on the internal walls. Getting to see the views from the roof is an obvious reward.

Video here:

I'd say most have been young adults, and the vast majority of those entering the site have been there to explore, take photos, and create graffiti art on the internal walls. Getting to see the views from the roof is an obvious reward.

There are many, many people going in there purely to vandalise the place, I've witnessed it with my own eyes. I wish they'd knock it down as it's nothing but a magnet for crime and the owners obviously refuse to provide any security.