Town today.. man drunk?

Anyone been in town today? There was a man who I'm assuming was off his head, shouting the IRA are coming to town! Security actually crossed the road to avoid him!

Right good they're doing.. not

There are multiple security guards walking round town, a few outside the peace gardens, around the town hall and so on.

Anyone been in town today? There was a man who I'm assuming was off his head, shouting the IRA are coming to town! Security actually crossed the road to avoid him!

I wonder if you mean city centre ambassadors, I think they use to patrol the city centre. I do not go into the town centre very often so I do not know if they are still there. I think they use to work with the police, but I do not know what powers they had.

Edited by nikki-red

I would have thought it was a kind of normal Saturday afternoon/evening town

You just posted this to have a short, passive aggressive pop at security then, or was there any other point?

You just posted this to have a short, passive aggressive pop at security then, or was there any other point?

Awwwwwww diddums

There are multiple security guards walking round town, a few outside the peace gardens, around the town hall and so on.

You mean council wardens :hihi::hihi:

Hardly special branch

Was this on the Moor?

I don't drink, but thanks for the abuse haha.

It may well be that they are ambassadors, but I remember them having a few words with us in my younger years. Us being the idiots I called friends back then.

I don't a poop about anyone shouting in the middle of town, but when they're shouting about that certain subject, I'm sure a lot of people must have been concerned. It certainly seemed that way with the looks on some of their faces.

---------- Post added 25-03-2017 at 22:55 ----------

Was this on the Moor?

First saw him walking up towards the peace gardens, later saw him on the bottom of the Moor, giving abuse to one of the stall workers.

I would have thought it was a kind of normal Saturday afternoon/evening town

Not that many years ago there would have been hundreds downtown, acting daft on Saturday afternoon, waiting for 5.30 for the pub doors to open again lol :D