M1 road works almost completed

At long last it would seem that the road works on the m1are very nearly complete ,came up m1early this morning and nearly all cones have been lifted from j28 to 36 ,just the commissioning of technology to sort now ,just a pity they are moving down to j25 from next week and those works are supposed to,last till well in to next year

Doesnt seem to be working very well. Yesterday morning I joined the motorway at Tinsley going south and saw a guy hanging over the crash barrier waving a hi viz vest. His mate was in the inside lane about 50 yards further on with the car up on a jack changing a rear wheel. There were no warning signs at all and he must have been there a while as he was already putting the space saver wheel on.

He was trying to change a wheel on a live motorway :o:o:o:o:o

They do need to sort out the tech.

I was coming south the other morning down the M1 and one of the gantry signs said "M1 closed at Jct 34 (Meadowhall)"...I was due to come off the motorway at that junction, where I assumed they were diverting all traffic. Nope..The motorway wasn't closed, traffic was flowing fast and freely both off at the junction and to traffic staying on the motorway.

Oh, and it seems to me there's a sad lack of 'refuge' slipways, in both directions in the new 4 lane sections. Or is it my imagination?

No it's not your imagination, the idea is to close a lane down should a vehicle become stranded in lane.

No it's not your imagination, the idea is to close a lane down should a vehicle become stranded in lane.

Hmm, good luck with that then :loopy:

Still I suppose they have got removed, possibly, the most dangerous place on the motorway - the hard shoulder - and moved it into the live lanes :rant:

And it works well in some places. But I think the stretch from sheffield to mansfield isnt run well and the signs are spaced too far out and too slow to turn on.

Wonderful...I hope to god I don't break down on there...Especially a section with dodgy electronics...

In a similar vein, the DFS sale is coming to an end shortly.

In a similar vein, the DFS sale is coming to an end shortly.

WHAT? I must dash out and buy a sofa immediately....Gets coat

It's been ending for the last 5 years

At long last it would seem that the road works on the m1are very nearly complete ,came up m1early this morning and nearly all cones have been lifted from j28 to 36 ,just the commissioning of technology to sort now ,just a pity they are moving down to j25 from next week and those works are supposed to,last till well in to next year

Im sure there was something on the news that they have now got to reevaluate whats happening with the M1 before further works can go ahead so.from 25 on wards may not happen yet!