Settling Shared equity

Wanting to settle shared equity on a property, the company have given a settlement figure but say I have to use a solicitor. Could anyone advise what service the solicitor would be providing.

Wanting to settle shared equity on a property, the company have given a settlement figure but say I have to use a solicitor. Could anyone advise what service the solicitor would be providing.

When you say 'settle', do you mean:

a. create a Settlement (Trust); or

b. pay-off what's outstanding?

Thanks for responding, I mean pay off what's outstanding.

Is the something on the title deeds about this arrangement? That might be the reason??

I will find out and come back on it.

Thanks.

Wanting to settle shared equity on a property, the company have given a settlement figure but say I have to use a solicitor.

OK. A Shared Ownership property is subject to a temporary Lease that governs the share owned and the 'staircasing'.

When the Tenant (leaseholder) acquires all 100%, the Landlord then needs to grant either:

a. a Transfer of the freehold reversion (if owner of the freehold AND the property's a house); or

b. a Transfer of the leasehold reversion (if owner of the leasehold AND the property's a house); or

c. a 'real' Lease (if owner of a flat).

It's that work on which you as T need a solicitor's involvement.