Indoctrination in all things Football esp. Blades football

OK, here's the skinny.

I don't know much about the rules/regs/culture of UK football, other than the fans are pretty passionate about it. About as passionate as some of us yanks are about baseball, American football, and the like, if not more so. To be honest, the only sport I really pay any attention to is college basketball here. And even then, only during the months of March and April, when the tournament is on. And now that my two favorite teams are out (Duke Blue Devils and Louisville Cardinals, if you're wondering) I don't have a dog in the fight at all. Though, as long as The University of North Carolina Tarheels or the University of Kentucky Wildcats don't win, I'll be quite pleased.

Other than that, American sports don't thrill me at all.

I need a resource on rules and regs of football and the essence of football culture in the UK, esp. as it pertains to The Blades. History of the club, community outreach, etc. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be swell! Thanks!

OK, here's the skinny.

I don't know much about the rules/regs/culture of UK football, other than the fans are pretty passionate about it. About as passionate as some of us yanks are about baseball, American football, and the like, if not more so. To be honest, the only sport I really pay any attention to is college basketball here. And even then, only during the months of March and April, when the tournament is on. And now that my two favorite teams are out (Duke Blue Devils and Louisville Cardinals, if you're wondering) I don't have a dog in the fight at all. Though, as long as The University of North Carolina Tarheels or the University of Kentucky Wildcats don't win, I'll be quite pleased.

I need a resource on rules and regs of football and the essence of football culture in the UK, esp. as it pertains to The Blades. History of the club, community outreach, etc. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be swell! Thanks!

For starters:

http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/referee/laws-of-the-game

http://www.sufc.co.uk/

http://www.sufc-community.com/home-c62

https://thebeautifulhistory.wordpress.com/clubs/sheffield-united/

OK, here's the skinny.

If it's Sheffield United specific you might be better off here:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php

If it's Sheffield United specific you might be better off here:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php

Thanks, guys! I just submitted my registration to the s24su site, waiting for approval. I'll check out your links, Speedy. Right now, I need to get off here for awhile!

I think the Blades (Sheffield United FC) were the first football team to have the word 'United' in their name when they formed in 1889, three years ahead of Newcastle.

I think the Blades (Sheffield United FC) were the first football team to have the word 'United' in their name when they formed in 1889, three years ahead of Newcastle.

Maidenhead United, formed 1870!

Maidenhead Town 1870, Maidenhead United 1920.

Maidenhead Town 1870, Maidenhead United 1920.

Maidenhead Intact 2017 :)

:nono:

This is not correct as you and so many owls seem to agree it is I thought I'd just put the record straight Maidenhead didn't adopt the name "United"until 1920 so therefor Sheffield United are and always have been the original United.:clap:.

:nono:

This is not correct as you and so many owls seem to agree it is I thought I'd just put the record straight Maidenhead didn't adopt the name "United"until 1920 so therefor Sheffield United are and always have been the original United.:clap:.

There is only one Wednesday :hihi:

There is only one Wednesday :hihi:

Between 51 and 52 a year, 4 and 5 a month and one every week.;).

Edited by cherrytree03