New Fascia Application for Leppings Lane

Although the long term plan is to demolish the West Stand if and when Wednesday get back to the Premier League...it appears the club have applied to put up a new fascia on the back of the Stand...which improves what's on it currently...(slightly..:hihi:)

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OMLZDANYIBP00

Although the long term plan is to demolish the West Stand if and when Wednesday get back to the Premier League...it appears the club have applied to put up a new fascia on the back of the Stand...which improves what's on it currently...(slightly..:hihi:)

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OMLZDANYIBP00

The picture in the application looks like a 2 years did it on MS Paint :hihi:

It does look a bit of a mess behind there, but that's just a waste on money.

The picture in the application looks like a 2 years did it on MS Paint :hihi:

It does look a bit of a mess behind there, but that's just a waste on money.

I genuinely thought that 'rendering' was a joke when I saw it doing the rounds. Jesus wept.

The back of that stand looks a right mess but that, well, I don't even know what to say!

erm, ok. an improvement i guess but is there really any point spending the money

It looks dreadful as it is, anything would be an improvement.

Please put it up, us blades will have a reyt laugh.... seriously, its design is hideous,also the stand still looks the virtually the same as on that awful day. For most of us ,looking at it reminds you of what happened.May aswell leave until you pull it down.When new ones built just have a permanent memorial outside, think there's one already? Has to be said, iv been on that stand a few times now as a blade and with the mrs (boro fan), its always cold, even in a warm day its cold. A bit spooky really. Everyone will be glad to see it go i think.

Please put it up, us blades will have a reyt laugh.... seriously, its design is hideous,also the stand still looks the virtually the same as on that awful day. For most of us ,looking at it reminds you of what happened.May aswell leave until you pull it down.When new ones built just have a permanent memorial outside, think there's one already? Has to be said, iv been on that stand a few times now as a blade and with the mrs (boro fan), its always cold, even in a warm day its cold. A bit spooky really. Everyone will be glad to see it go i think.

Last few times you've been beaten that's why it felt cold, be the draught from people leaving early.

For the last 28 years that stand has needed to be knocked down.

Not sure why Wednesday would waste money doing this instead.

For the last 28 years that stand has needed to be knocked down.

Not sure why Wednesday would waste money doing this instead.

Because it looks awful and they don't have the funds until we get to the Prem, its a tart up until that happens.

Because it looks awful and they don't have the funds until we get to the Prem, its a tart up until that happens.

:huh:

Oh dear...

... well let's just hope that they're using some of this stuff then! :P

:huh:

Oh dear...

... well let's just hope that they're using some of this stuff then! :P

It could be worse we could cover a whole stand in cladding and pretend its beautiful :hihi::hihi:

The tasteless comments hunting towards the disaster have been removed. These are not to be repeated.