CCTV portable incar?

Anyone used a incar or just portable CCTV camera for recording everyday events?

I guess it would need lots of memory; would that rule out most mobiles phones? Perhaps there is an app to download to try it?

I would prefer no cables, but is that an option. Just for person use, so cheap too ;)

Isn't that just a dash cam (in a car) or a body mounted Go-Pro?

Hello,

You mean car DVR or dash cam. One of chepest and great quality which I use myself is Xiao-Yi camera http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_444027.html?wid=11 . You can watch some reviews on youtube. This cam is fantastic and beats lot's of great brands. My dad uses Transcend DrivePro 200 cam, and Yi cam beats Transcend in quality and low light conditions. It's a must buy. Of course high quality image requires good Micro SD card, like Lexar 300x or similar. This camera connects to an app on phone via WIFI and you can download captured videos into your smartphone. I'd recommend to buy directly from link I provided as ebay, or UK sellers adds £20-£40 so you end up paying around £100 for what you can get just for £60. Shipping charges are minimal, and of you chose british express delivery you get item in 1-2 weeks.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Thanks for the info eHallam! Any reviews on the Aldi ones at £39.99? I suspect they won't be as good in low light.

Thanks for the info eHallam! Any reviews on the Aldi ones at £39.99? I suspect they won't be as good in low light.

If you're looking at that kind of price I would recommend one of these from Argos...

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5657513

I use one in dash cam mode in my car, for the price I doubt you'll find much better.

EDIT: Just realised the age of this thread, did you get one?

If you're looking at that kind of price I would recommend one of these from Argos...

I use one in dash cam mode in my car, for the price I doubt you'll find much better.

Not yet, still thinking it over.

Age of this thread? It only started on the 6th of this month - were you looking at someone's join date? ;)

I note the link you provided only has 720p res and no indication of night vision. :o

Hi!

I would not buy just simple action camera. Those cameras lacks vital functions of the actual car DVR (car dvr's can have GPS, shock sensors, and wake camera on engine start up) those options does not appear on action cameras. So you would have to manually turn on and off camera each time. I would invest and buy camera with GPS as those can also show hud with your position and speed, and often helps to bump back any claims in case of accident (sometimes driver is being assaulted with claims that he drives too fast). So there you go. I hope you will make the right choice. But I will stick to Xiao- Yi camera that I use too. Fantastic cheap cam.

Thanks