Beer Engine near Waitrose new opening times

My mate owns it so I thought I'd tell the world. They will now be opening from midday every day.

Believe it is, as per the website.

Mon – Thu: Noon – 11pm

Fri – Sat: Noon – midnight

Sun: Noon – 11pm

May I ask when is closing time?

What are you interested for, they don't do Tartan Special!!

What are you interested for, they don't do Tartan Special!!

How many pubs do do it? Is it the only reason to go to any pub? Must be a good ale.

Great place. Had some amazing ale there last week. Our pub of 2016 fwiw!

If it was more readily available I'm sure I could persuade Tom to stock it. Just think of the upturn in trade as Scots from all over flock to The Beer Engine. A special atmosphere would ensue where many conversations on a variety of topics would develop. The basics of Scottish Football, hatred,bigotry and violence, could be discussed in a quiet and considered manner.

Uppity Jocks could moan freely about the rough hand dealt them by Brexit. Knowing that the Scottish cognoscenti were gathered in The Beer Engine, I could drink easily in my preferred pub knowing I am less likely to by bothered by any of them.

Have to be honest I visited the place on Monday for the first time in several months and was pleasantly surprised. The stark, Scandanavian look as mellowed with the yellowing on the furniture and the replacement of those track spotlights with more appropriate lighting. Made it a much more comfortable place to enjoy a flight of the improved beer range they now have. And then another...

Great beer and really good food too. Highly recommended although I'd avoid Friday early evening when about a million workers descend on it for their after work drinkies.

Yes, a quality boozer. Deffo recommend

This lad knows his beer. Totally agree! There's a forever changing selection of beers to suit everyone: Different strengths, from weak to very strong, different styles, from traditional to really modern "milk shake" and other flavours.

It's really excellent. No other pub in Sheffield comes near to it now.

Only problem I had was lack of a beer board...I want to know the prices of all the beers without having to ask when ordering.