Tips on taking down an old greenhouse?

As anyone had the pleasure of taking down an real glass greenhouse, my brother is taking down one that is in a bad way. The frame is nut and bolt construction so that part is not too bad its the glass panels . The glass fits into the frame and is held in place by clips that go inside and out the roof is the same as the sides. The greenhouse is an old ' Eden' one.

From experience I would say doing it with someone else is safer. Remove the roof glass first, as once the glass has been removed from the ends & sides the frame will lose stability.

Removing the clips with a basic blunt kitchen knife is the easy part. If there is someone to assist, it is safer when passing the roof panes down to them instead of climbing down the steps while holding the glass pane.

A couple of spanners (10 or 11mm? from memory) will be required to undo the small nut & bolts holding the frame together, of which there are many.

Spares clips, as well as the nuts & bolts can be bought if you lose any. Remove each pane carefully as not to pull & tear the rubber seals. The job is not one to be rushed.

One big tip, number every piece on each corner the same i.e all pieces joining to corner A, are number 1, corner B number 2, and take lots and lots of pictures.

Well my brother managed to take down the greenhouse he removed the roof first. The greenhouse was just about ready to fall down so as soon has it got disturbed it drop to bits.