I'm looking for land to grow food on

I'm looking for a modest bit of land. I want to build a bit of a community garden there (incredible edible) and/or have an allotment growing organic fruit, veg, flowers, herbs etc. I'd like to be able to have a small structure like a shed on this land, for storage of tools, an office, a bedroom facility for the growing seasons, in which the work of the land is constant, and it's easier just to sleep at the site so work can be continued upon waking the next day.

I really need advice about this aspiration of mine and my partner's. I struggle to even know where to start, especially since we are so short of any start up cash and/or money to live, let alone buy land. Does anyone know if there is anything else people can do to help them establish themselves, create a green, sustainable place, and have the rights to work and man that land; for the benefit of others and overall environment. For example, can SCC, or other charities, individuals, organisations, offer help and support to people who want to be able to do this but cannot afford to pay high rent for the land?

Perhaps there is a wasted area in Sheffield somewhere (such as the Ski Village), and in return for living essentially for free on the land, we actually regenerate, reform and re-awaken the space with green value, for community interests and to save costs to SCC or other owners of land when it comes to carrying out the clearing up work?

My brother in law and his son in law were fortunate enough to get two adjacent allotments. Overall, a fairly substantial plot. There was already a huge shed there, old but robust and watertight.

After much hard graft clearing the overgrown plots and getting at least a small section planted up, they turned up one day to find the plants trampled and the shed burned down. It seemed like good idea at the time but following the vandalism, they didn't have the heart to carry on.

A lot of agricultural land doesn't allow you to live on it or build on it. We have an acre of land around our house but not all is classed as residential curtilage.

Look at land to rent and see if any allow living on site.

Ask the council or 'Google' and see if there are any projects you could work on.

Allotments do get vandalised. My brother had an allotment directly behind his house but it still got vandalised.

we are looking at land with planning to build 2 bedroom flats and 3 bedroom flat on top of 2 flats out of shipping container will half land not use I am after someone to help out with the self build I am looking to go not work and grow food cut bill down on 07944240217

I'm looking for a modest bit of land. I want to build a bit of a community garden there (incredible edible) and/or have an allotment growing organic fruit, veg, flowers, herbs etc. I'd like to be able to have a small structure like a shed on this land, for storage of tools, an office, a bedroom facility for the growing seasons, in which the work of the land is constant, and it's easier just to sleep at the site so work can be continued upon waking the next day.

I really need advice about this aspiration of mine and my partner's. I struggle to even know where to start, especially since we are so short of any start up cash and/or money to live, let alone buy land. Does anyone know if there is anything else people can do to help them establish themselves, create a green, sustainable place, and have the rights to work and man that land; for the benefit of others and overall environment. For example, can SCC, or other charities, individuals, organisations, offer help and support to people who want to be able to do this but cannot afford to pay high rent for the land?

Perhaps there is a wasted area in Sheffield somewhere (such as the Ski Village), and in return for living essentially for free on the land, we actually regenerate, reform and re-awaken the space with green value, for community interests and to save costs to SCC or other owners of land when it comes to carrying out the clearing up work?

Try Infield Lane allotments at Darnall,back of High Hazels Park.It's a private site,the officials are there every Sunday morning,10am-12noon.They can allow a lot more leeway than a council site,discuss your ideas with them.

They certainly wouldn't allow you to sleep at the site though.Can't say there's no vandalism,but it's as secure as any allotment site can be.Rent is £60 p.a. for a 300 sq.yd. plot.