New motorway service station

We might be getting new services at J35 - http://www.sheffieldmotorwayservices.co.uk/

What do you think?

Hate to see woodland being cut down but it would be a convinent short trip for me to get a quick bite to eat :P

Hate to see woodland being cut down but it would be a convinent short trip for me to get a quick bite to eat :P

What a terrific idea. Motorway services are renowned for high quality and inexpensive food. Finally I wouldn't have to trail around the city looking for dining options.

Interesting. They'd be better off with an access off the northbound exit slip as well as the roundabout. Unfortunately it'll mean the roundabout will need to be signalised, at least on the western side of the M1.

At the very least it will create a few jobs for people not too far away from it I suppose

What a terrific idea. Motorway services are renowned for high quality and inexpensive food. Finally I wouldn't have to trail around the city looking for dining options.

No bites, not even a nibble......... :D

Well assuming SCC don't view it as potentially damaging to their economic jewel in the crown*, AKA the city centre, it's got a fair chance of happening.

*festering hole

There aren't currently any options nearby aside from MacDonalds are there?

No bites, not even a nibble......... :D
I'm not surprised there are no bites or nibbles. Have you seen the price of food in those places, no one can afford to eat there! :rolleyes::D

Good idea I say , anything that creates jobs is surely a good thing . :)

Won't be a lot of jobs though will it? That said there is quite a gap between Woodall and Woolley edge compared with the rest of the m1.

Won't be a lot of jobs though will it? That said there is quite a gap between Woodall and Woolley edge compared with the rest of the m1.

What will it be,im guessing around 27 miles.