Windows Phone Or Android Phone

Windows Phone Or Android Phone  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Windows Phone Or Android Phone

• Windows
    • Android

So hello forumers I ask you which one would you go for and why?

Don't buy a Windows Phone at the moment, all the current models are going to be redundant in a few months when Windows Phone 8 comes out.

Don't buy a Windows Phone at the moment, all the current models are going to be redundant in a few months when Windows Phone 8 comes out.

Not really as the current windows mobile is fully Windows 8 compatible, plus MS will release any update needed!?

But still, i'd go Android

I'd say Android too. The only two people I know that have tried out Windows phones, soon reverted back to Android.

Not really as the current windows mobile is fully Windows 8 compatible, plus MS will release any update needed!?

Windows Phone 8 won't be coming to a lot of the current devices. There was a big kerfuffle about it a couple of months back e.g. http://mashable.com/2012/06/25/lumia-why-no-upgrade/

IMO Android>IOS>WINMO

android everytime for me, just becuase their is so much more stuff for it.

Windows Phone 8 won't be coming to a lot of the current devices. There was a big kerfuffle about it a couple of months back e.g. http://mashable.com/2012/06/25/lumia-why-no-upgrade/

Well that explains why a certain warehouse, supplying vehicle communications devices are offering then on a £7.50 pay monthly tariff

Personally, I'd always go for an android. Bought outright, unlocked and on rolling/monthly contract, NOT 12+ months contract.

Why? Freedom, both with the device and the choice of network provider. If I'm not happy with the amount of minutes/texts/data I get for my money, I can cancel and change whenever I want, keeping my number.

I have an android and only have it, because i didnt want an iphone and i really dont like nokias....

ive got a htc radar windows phone and its brilliant great screen and very fast

recently had the windows update which made it even better plenty of free apps i wouldnt go back to android at any price

i bought the phone and use giffgaff network £10 a month buys me 250 minutes. free giffgaff to giffgaff calls. unlimited texts and unlimited internet

He was referring to the fact that there will be no way to update a Windows Phone 7 or 7.5 handset to Windows phone 8

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/20/microsoft-unveils-windows-phone-7-8-for-legacy-devices/

So a brand new 7.5 handset will never get Windows 8 on it. This is like Apple selling you an iPhone 4S and telling you it will never get iOS6.

In addition to that 7.5 phone will not be able to run apps designed for Windows Phone 8.

So yes, get an Android - there are some great deals on the Galaxy S2 at the moment - its not the newest but its still very popular and very capable.

Edited by stereolab