People who shout on their mobile phones.

I was washing my hands in the gents at Hillsborough Morrisons when a mobile rang in one of the cubicles, followed by the occupier replying quite loudly, "I'm on the toilet". It was a comical variation on the ubiquitous, "I'm on the train".

The people who have very loud work related phone calls on the train drive me to distraction - why do they have to shout - their work does not sound very interesting and I don't want to hear about it.

Some folks think they need to shout on long distance calls LOL. My Mum did it all the time, long before mobile phones. :D

As well as the shouting have you noticed the people who get on their mobiles and speak continually, and I wonder if the person they are talking to will ever get a word in - they must be the world's best listeners.

A conversation is normally when a person says something and then stops to let the other person say something, not when one person goes ranting on non-stop!

:lol:

It is only a few years ago that anyone talking to themselves in the street was considered certifiable.

It also makes you wonder, with all this jabbering on mobile phones, why there were no massive queues outside phone booths before mobiles were introduced. Is everybody more lonely these days? :confused:

Let's be honest 90% of the time it's OAPs, their hearing is bad so they think they're talking quieter than they actually are.

Then he replies even louder ". Did you say 4521 ? "

You must have misheard Pattricia, that's my PIN!

I have found myself shouting when it was hard to hear the other person or there was a lot of noise around me neither of which makes sense unless the person at the other end has said they are having difficulty hearing me.

Let's be honest 90% of the time it's OAPs, their hearing is bad so they think they're talking quieter than they actually are.

It is not so much bad hearing.

Remember, if you are speaking to someone a long way away, you have to shout.

It is only like a speaking tube you know. :rolleyes:

It also makes you wonder, with all this jabbering on mobile phones, why there were no massive queues outside phone booths before mobiles were introduced. Is everybody more lonely these days? :confused:

oh I don't know T T. I can remember queues outside phone booths in the 60s and 70s, although not massive. and don't forget there was lots of them, I think there were about half a dozen in fitzalan sq. alone.

I was washing my hands in the gents at Hillsborough Morrisons when a mobile rang in one of the cubicles, followed by the occupier replying quite loudly, "I'm on the toilet". It was a comical variation on the ubiquitous, "I'm on the train".

when I was working delivering cars all over the country, I often used the train. I had to forcilbly stop my self shouting " oi, stellas waiting-- its your turn now!!"

Because their imaginary friends would feel left out if it wasn't on group speak :suspect::hihi:
I do really dislike ppl who talk on those bloody spy boxs EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

Its annoying.......

hi! everybody.