Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

I was there the day they arrested 7 people on Chippinghouse Road. They were sat under the tree in question (which was felled later). The tree was healthy and there was minor pavement disturbance. There was no animosity shown whatsoever from anyone who was there - there never is as various videos on the STAG fb page will show despite some cllrs claims to the contrary.

Inspector Stubbs advised he was acting under direction from the SYP legal team until he was given contrary written advice by a STAG member provided by a what has turned out to much better informed barrister. This I am quite sure was a major factor in the CPS decision.

On each occasion there were several policemen present. Bit heavy handed for a bunch of peaceful protestors

If they were treated to some maintenance then perhaps everyone would be happy?

Yes, definitely in a lot of cases. For some, the maintenance is so long overdue that it's too late. What a shame.

Edited by Olive

What ever your opinion on the tree felling that is going on this makes for interesting reading. A report from an experienced arborist.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HaZnMLoqc4PkRdHLKGbyd5hS2l1dEefPG-hJGScVnZw/mobilebasic

This sort of professional report is way over Amey and SCC's heads and therefore bound to be disregarded.

They sent men out to remove a tree from out side the house next door. Now the have arrived to plant one outside my house where I don't want it the house next door has a very high privet fence which darkens my house and they don't maintain it very well I have have asked if they can put the tree back in the same place it Watson before but the AMEY guys say the can only put it where they have been told to my other half has bad eye sight and we need the light I have looked after the grass outside my house cutting it feeding it clearing up the dog poo even providing poo bags I have called the 2 hrs ago was tolssomeone will call me back guess what no one has in windy weather we get all the leaves fron the trees growing near by this awful I don't mind a tree but not outside my house. and now they are putting one the other side too I am so angry they should have consulted us surely I know it the councils land but they don't see the mess the make

They sent men out to remove a tree from out side the house next door. Now the have arrived to plant one outside my house where I don't want it the house next door has a very high privet fence which darkens my house and they don't maintain it very well I have have asked if they can put the tree back in the same place it Watson before but the AMEY guys say the can only put it where they have been told to my other half has bad eye sight and we need the light I have looked after the grass outside my house cutting it feeding it clearing up the dog poo even providing poo bags I have called the 2 hrs ago was tolssomeone will call me back guess what no one has in windy weather we get all the leaves fron the trees growing near by this awful I don't mind a tree but not outside my house. and now they are putting one the other side too I am so angry they should have consulted us surely I know it the councils land but they don't see the mess the make

It's tree replacement not abolition.

It'll be many years or decades before your new twiglet gets big enough to provide shade to your property.

In the meantime, don't complain that your house is too hot this summer. :cool:

They will have consulted you. Streets with planned tree works got a letter informing them about the work and provided the link to where you could write your opinion on the proposals.

If you had a legitimate reason why the location of the replacement tree was inappropriate then you could have voiced your concerns there.

They will have consulted you. Streets with planned tree works got a letter informing them about the work and provided the link to where you could write your opinion on the proposals.

If you had a legitimate reason why the location of the replacement tree was inappropriate then you could have voiced your concerns there.

I think he'd know if he'd been consulted!

I think he'd know if he'd been consulted!

If they either didn't receive a letter or received one and didn't notice it wasn't junk mail then it backs up my belief that the supposed consultation was in many ways flawed.

If they did receive and read the letter and chose not to respond when prompted to highlight their concerns then they can't claim to not have been consulted.

It does not matter whether you have been consulted and replied or not been consulted they will not take a blind bit of notice about your opinions. If they have decided on a place to stick a tree then that is the place the tree is going to go. The only consultation they understand is that you either agree with their decision or they ignore you and go ahead with what they want to do. Some would call this dictatorship but they call it consultation :rant:

Further to the 'consultation'.

Here's a link to a Star report about the fact that, where the Western Road trees are concerned, the council disingenuously took advantage of the fact that they are classed as war memorials.

It's 2 page 'consultation' leaflet referred only to 'the war memorial on Western Road', and, does not once mention the word 'trees'.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/anger-at-lack-of-trees-on-leaflet-for-western-road-memorial-meetings-1-8464996

It's a shame these 'councillors' don't use their obvious cleverness for actually serving the public in a useful way, rather than using it to scam us.

Edited by onewheeldave

If you are lucky, some vandals may uproot it or something ;)