Meet up for over 60s (who still think they're 21)

Well that's 3 at least, you Everdearest, me AND the fireman, all looking for something we can't find.

I, for one, wouldn't dare walk into a bar on my own or strike up conversation with a stranger. I've no desire to be lumped in with those 50 something ladies who go out "on the pull", wear clothes that are too tight for them and make a nuisance of themselves on Ecclesall Road. On the other hand, Womens Institute meets, allotment raves and ballroom dancing aren't for me!

I don't think I would enjoy a night out with a load of disco divas nor a bunch of metal detecting anorak wearing fell walkers. It's not about age, it's about affinity, empathy and not being stereotyped. Realistically, I would rather spend time with someone roughly in my age group than a bunch of 25 year olds even if we shared a love of herbaceous borders.

Oh, and don't mention internet dating - I looked on there in 2014. In January 2017, I looked again - same people!!

There must be a lot of lonely people out there!

Ha ha. Yes there must be - but back to my original question - where are they????

---------- Post added 19-03-2017 at 19:46 ----------

I'll tell you what else is high on my list - sense of humour (my corrective spelling is now trying to change that to sense of himpur - and we may need a touch of that also, but I'm going for a larger dose of humour right now!)

I prefer my own company! Would hate to be tied down to any age related group and have done forever with relationships. Do your own thing people!

You're still not accepting the main point that I'm making though everdearest...it's not about age. You still keep reverting back to that.

I do understand where you are coming from to a point. I know it would be highly unlikely that I would find much in common with anyone under 30 these days. Why? Because the age gap and things in common would likely be too large. But you shouldn't restrict yourself to people or things just from your decade. I really can't agree with that.

I think your best chance of finding what you are looking for is to change your outlook.

Instead of looking forward to reminiscing about 60's music, how about taking something more current and take an interest in that? Doesn't have to be music, could be anything. I like 60's music btw - very much so. Grew up with it having two older brothers at home. But if I was going out with a young lady for the first time, younger than me, I really don't think this would be on the menu for conversation.

I met my partner when I was 32. Been single up until then. She was just 20. I could have bored her to death with things from my past that would be irrelevant to her and just aged me in her eyes. But I got interested in what she was interested in first - and gradually introduced her to the world I had come from. Mutual respect!

I met my partner when I was 32. Been single up until then. She was just 20. I could have bored her to death with things from my past that would be irrelevant to her and just aged me in her eyes. But I got interested in what she was interested in first - and gradually introduced her to the world I had come from. Mutual respect!

And not at all predatory.