Achillies Tendon gone in my sleep?

Hi

I don't know how this has happened, went to bed last night as normal. Haven't been doing anything majorly out of the ordinary or strenuous the night before - yet this morning I can hardly walk! :shocked:

Nearly fell over getting out of bed, can only do stairs one at a time as it's too painful - but I did just about manage a hobbling walk with the dog and a drive to work, it's still so painful though.

I've done a bit of research and from what I can gather, something has happened to my achilles tendon. I'm hoping it's something that will wear off over time and it isn't any more serious.

Anyone else had this happen to you, or woke to sudden injuries as if you've run a marathon in your sleep!?

Check with your doctor just to be sure but this happened to me last year you need to keep mobile think I got a cramp in my sleep and kicked out was in agony the next day massage the area upwards and twiddle your foot it will eventually go but could take weeks heat helps too

Check with your doctor just to be sure

Best advice. Check with a medical professional rather than the wannabe experts on here.

Thanks, I don't intend to just go by advice on here but sometimes people come up with gems that help. I'm planning to see how it goes for the moment, maybe take some anti-inflammatories and put some ice on it.

I did think cooling it down was better than heating it up?

Thanks, I don't intend to just go by advice on here but sometimes people come up with gems that help. I'm planning to see how it goes for the moment, maybe take some anti-inflammatories and put some ice on it.

I did think cooling it down was better than heating it up?

This is a good article regarding Cold vs Heat treatment...

https://www.painscience.com/articles/ice-heat-confusion.php

Well there's me thinking 'uh-oh, how long am I going to be hobbling round till this gets better!' and it's practically gone and I can run up and down stairs again.

Yay! :lol:

Did you see any little men led by Jason unscrewing a valve in your heel? :D

Well there's me thinking 'uh-oh, how long am I going to be hobbling round till this gets better!' and it's practically gone and I can run up and down stairs again.

Yay! :lol:

Sounds like cramp then ! Best treatment " warmth".

Last time I injured my achilles I screamed like a girl before I hit the floor!

It turned out I had ruptured it and I was in a pot for 6 weeks.

Bottletop,from personal experience I can tell you if your achillies tendon goes you won't be sleeping,its instant severe pain.Hope yours is ok.