Scientists and knowledge

In other news: dogs have 4 legs and my cat has 4 legs so I now know that my cat is in fact a dog.

In other news: dogs have 4 legs and my cat has 4 legs so I now know that my cat is in fact a dog.

My dogcat has a tail as well and can jump so it's actually a rabbit.

Or is it a gerbil?

People can play silly games all day long, but I still go back to the point as weve seen again, people find problems with some "scientist" and conflate that to all science. Why? That's what I'd love to know - is it a general lack of knowledge about science? Or just fear born of mistrust because they don't understand what can be a tricky subject?

But then I don't understand for example psychology much, but I don't distrust psychologists....

Edited by Obelix

And there would be further proof of the problem I'm talking about - viz a single fact being seized on and then extended as a blanket cover to fit all possible interpretations when it doesn't actual do so in any form.

---------- Post added 24-03-2017 at 14:00 ----------

Complete with the usual weasel words and low grade abuse as well....

Not a single fact-like I said I could post many links to high up medical professionals and experts condemning and highlighting the epidemic of corruption from the pharmaceuticals.

As for 'apologist' I'm autistic (high-functioning) and state the facts. I call a spade a spade and an apologist an apologist. Neither is it abuse, as the term simply means-

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/apologist

'A person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.'

So, when I highlight a serious flaw in a system, and a horde of apologists arise to defend said system and deny said valid claim, they are apologists- no offense in that term.

---------- Post added 24-03-2017 at 14:12 ----------

Incidently, one of the points Dr Gotzsche addresses is the fact that when pharmaceutical companies crimes are discovered, the fines are much smaller than the profits made from the crime.

Logic alone explains why they continue to commit such crimes- it would be appallingly bad business to not do so.

Even the system used to police that part of the system, is itself utterly corrupt!

Not a single fact-like I said I could post many links to high up medical professionals and experts condemning and highlighting the epidemic of corruption from the pharmaceuticals.

As for 'apologist' I'm autistic (high-functioning) and state the facts. I call a spade a spade and an apologist an apologist. Neither is it abuse, as the term simply means-

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/apologist

'A person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.'

So, when I highlight a serious flaw in a system, and a horde of apologists arise to defend said system and deny said valid claim, they are apologists- no offense in that term.

---------- Post added 24-03-2017 at 14:12 ----------

Incidently, one of the points Dr Gotzsche addresses is the fact that when pharmaceutical companies crimes are discovered, the fines are much smaller than the profits made from the crime.

Logic alone explains why they continue to commit such crimes- it would be appallingly bad business to not do so.

Even the system used to police that part of the system, is itself utterly corrupt!

I'm a high functioning autistic and I find the term deeply insulting.

You've decided to bring your vendetta (to clarify I find that term merely descriptive and you shouldn't find it insulting at all) onto a thread which is not about your vendetta at all. Since I don't intend to deal with another 17 page epic about red lights and landrovers I give you fair warning now I will start reporting any posts of yours that depart from the matter in hand.

If you don't like or cannot deal with that start a different thread.

I'm a high functioning autistic and I find the term deeply insulting.

????

I'm HF autistic and I don't find it offensive, and I will be as open about my HF autism as I wish.

I've not in any way even applied the term to you, and have no understanding of what your problem is with me describing myself as what I am.

---------- Post added 24-03-2017 at 14:24 ----------

As for my 'vendetta'- it's also Dr Peter Gotzsche's and several other high ranking medical professionals, and scientists, 'vendetta'.

Fact is, the scientific medical system is totally corrupted by the pharmaceutical companies, and, that is highly relevant to this thread.

Edited by onewheeldave

Do you define yourselves by these names, or categories?

Do you define yourselves by these names, or categories?

I define myself by the categories of scientist and economist.

It's rather telling I suppose what people initially describe themselves as. That's why I tend not to - you know how the jokes about vegans go I presume.

I understand completely.

¿ Why when the government gave me money to help find dark matter, I secretly knew that they had their own plans for it and we were expected not to find any. ;) ¿

:suspect:

You may be aware that I've recently completed an in-depth (self-funded) investigation into the possible effects of fracking on the global environment, and have had my findings exclusively published on the interweb (see post above) and successfully reviewed by the eminent forum scientists (as I'm told I'm required to do), so I now feel that I'm ready (and suitably qualified) to branch out and move onto my next challenge...

... and would be interested in helping you in your search for 'dark matter' (whatever that is?). :huh:

It would obviously save me a lot of time (and the Government a lot of money) if you could let me know all the places you've already looked.

P.S

I don't know if this is relevant, but a by-product of my fracking activities appears to be the creation of a nasty mess in the bottom of my coffee mug... but unfortunately all evidence of it's existence has disappeared down the kitchen sink. I can repeat my experiment if you think it might help, but I'll have to use ginger nuts instead of Jaffa cakes unless you can wait until I've done my weekly shopping? :(

:suspect:

You may be aware that I've recently completed an in-depth (self-funded) investigation into the possible effects of fracking on the global environment, and have had my findings exclusively published on the interweb (see post above) and successfully reviewed by the eminent forum scientists (as I'm told I'm required to do), so I now feel that I'm ready (and suitably qualified) to branch out and move onto my next challenge...

... and would be interested in helping you in your search for 'dark matter' (whatever that is?). :huh:

It would obviously save me a lot of time (and the Government a lot of money) if you could let me know all the places you've already looked.

P.S

I don't know if this is relevant, but a by-product of my fracking activities appears to be the creation of a nasty mess in the bottom of my coffee mug... but unfortunately all evidence of it's existence has disappeared down the kitchen sink. I can repeat my experiment if you think it might help, but I'll have to use ginger nuts instead of Jaffa cakes unless you can wait until I've done my weekly shopping? :(

repeat the experiment mr bloke,it wont do any harm..however make sure you use macvities Jaffa cakes,i suspect you may have used a cheaper aldi version..

---------- Post added 24-03-2017 at 18:53 ----------

just been thinking mr bloke, maybe ginger nuts would be better after all. is fracking carried out on rock hard strata, or soft like ground. Jaffa cakes would replicate peat like boggy areas. where has ginger nuts would be the exact opposite. I look forward to your findings.