Beginners Running Groups (S7/S11)?

Hi everyone,

I am new to running (couch to 5K level) and have been travelling over to Wisewood to run with Strideout but wondered if there was anything closer to home in the S7/S11 area?

I am a bit limited on when I can run (Monday/Tuesday evenings) or every other weekend.

I can find more experienced running groups but I am looking for a beginners group.

Alternatively if there is anyone else who would like to start running and would be happy to meet at those times - do get in touch.

Lucy

x

You might want to check out: -

http://www.smileypaces.com/home/4590876533

Or try a few Parkruns, maybe volunteer as well - I'm sure you'd find some people to run with. I decided who I wanted to join by chatting to people wearing club colours at races etc - it gave me a sense of the ethos / running style of the club but also how friendly they were (but I'm very much a fell and ultra runner).

The new RunTogether site is a pretty good resource for finding everything running too:-

https://runtogether.co.uk

Running is so much easier / more fun with a friend - hope you find a club / partner!

Edited by Mouserat
Adding RunTogether link

Smiley Paces are great. Also there`s a Meersbrook Running Group (search on FB) which my OH attends. A few of them are c25k runners.

Beginners group with Sheffield Running Club on Tuesday nights, from the English Institute of Sport , meet in main cafe 6pm.

I was going to start up a couch to 5k group in Mount Pleasant Park if enough people could play.