Any wild herbs in Sheffield?

Does anyone know of any wild herbs in Sheffield other than the rosemary on Catherine street? Or if anyone has an abundance of herbs in their own garden or allotment they won't be using? I make botanical candles and would like to go foraging! :) Many thanks

Vast quantities of Sweet Cicely up the Porter Valley. You will have to wait until next year now, though.

Vast quantities of Sweet Cicely up the Porter Valley. You will have to wait until next year now, though.

I think Sweet Cicely would make a fantastic candle, it's one of my favourite aromatic herbs.

Please be sure before you pick it, though, that you can tell the difference between Sweet Cicely and Hemlock, even in small plants which don't yet have stems. They like similar conditions and look very like each other at first glance.

Brilliant thanks guys! X

Try grimeshorpe road for mint , also get raspberries down there. And outside the nursing home there's purple sage and a variety of lavender. Crabtree ponds for wild garlic, if you like it.

Crabtree ponds for wild garlic, if you like it.

I don't think Wild Garlic would make a good scented candle :gag:

Barrow Road for Fennel. Smells and tastes like liquorice. No lead in petrol now so should be safe. You are aware of course that it is illegal to remove wild plants and picking should not compromise the plant's viability.

---------- Post added 18-03-2017 at 19:04 ----------

Does anyone know of any wild herbs in Sheffield other than the rosemary on Catherine street? Or if anyone has an abundance of herbs in their own garden or allotment they won't be using? I make botanical candles and would like to go foraging! :) Many thanks

Why not apply for an allotment, or speak to people locally that may have gardens they do not have time to tend/ haven't got a clue what to do.