If the Blades win the title?

That'll be some achievement for you - only the second time you'll have got a 30k attendance for a normal league game outside of the top flight that wasn't against Wednesday for more than 40 years!

And the Blades are the only Sheffield team to have had an average attendance of over 30,000 in a season for 50 years

And the Blades are the only Sheffield team to have had an average attendance of over 30,000 in a season for 50 years

And that's the game...

As did 2-8 defeat in 1943.

What league was that in, who played for each team and why isn't it officially recorded?

Any official link to the game would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added 30-03-2017 at 15:30 ----------

Sounds like united didn't turn up that day either with 16 goals flying past them :hihi:

Can you provide an official link to this game please?

Edited by cherrytree03

Why are Wednesday fans so insecure ?

---------- Post added 30-03-2017 at 14:52 ----------

Don't worry I can help

What league was that in, who played for each team and why isn't it officially recorded?

Any official link to the game would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added 30-03-2017 at 15:30 ----------

Can you provide an official link to this game please?

No official link but happy to help:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-860153.html

http://www.football.mitoo.co.uk/TeamHist.cfm?CI=134839&DivisionID=17189&TblName=Matches&LeagueCode=SDUE2011

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/155870-remember-the-pigs-spunkfest-over-the-alfreton-score/?page=0

The Dinnington and Alfreton games where both friendly's played by under 18 teams!

The Dinnington and Alfreton games where both friendly's played by under 18 teams!

Junior Blades have no official link to United my Son in Law manages them.

Please try and prove me wrong.

The team playing at Alfreton were players sent by Wednesday and on their books some even had first team experience.

Oh and since when have owlstalk and sf been official links, the other one as I say has nothing to do with sufc but Alfreton did play an official owls squad.

You seem very bitter towards all thing United that's fair enough but please stick to facts and not fantasy.

Anyone with a glimmer of common sense will look at that link you have supplied and realise that team has nothing to do with Sufc.

Thankyou for confirming it.:thumbsup:

Edited by cherrytree03

The team playing at Alfreton were players sent by Wednesday and on their books some even had first team experience.

Oh and since when have owlstalk and sf been official links, the other one as I say has nothing to do with sufc but Alfreton did play an official owls squad.

You seem very bitter towards all thing United that's fair enough but please stick to facts and not fantasy.

Anyone with a glimmer of common sense will look at that link you have supplied and realise that team has nothing to do with Sufc.

The junior blades under 18's have now become Sheffield United u18's who have an affiliation with United (have there own page on your website) I'm sure I've heard the story about brother in law managing from a previous poster :suspect:

The junior blades under 18's have now become Sheffield United u18's who have an affiliation with United (have there own page on your website) I'm sure I've heard the story about brother in law managing from a previous poster :suspect:

You are speaking of two completely different set ups but you already know that.

I've no idea about anyones brother in law please read my post correctly before commenting.

The junior Blades Sunday league team has not got anything to do with Sufc, like I said anyone with a glimmer of common sense who looks at that link you provided would instantly realise that.

How many Sunday league teams are officially representative of United or Wednesday?

Junior Blades have teams of all age groups and my SON IN LAW (I hope that's clear enough for you) manages one of them none are representative of Sufc.

I watch them on Sundays at the Graves centre the old Rowlinson school and you are welcome to come and discuss this further with me and the team.

Now as I have already asked before can you provide any evidence whatsoever that the team you are speaking of is or was an official representative of Sufc.

Take your time.

You are speaking of two completely different set ups but you already know that.

I've no idea about anyones brother in law please read my post correctly before commenting.

The junior Blades Sunday league team has not got anything to do with Sufc, like I said anyone with a glimmer of common sense who looks at that link you provided would instantly realise that.

How many Sunday league teams are officially representative of United or Wednesday?

Junior Blades have teams of all age groups and my SON IN LAW (I hope that's clear enough for you) manages one of them none are representative of Sufc.

I watch them on Sundays at the Graves centre the old Rowlinson school and you are welcome to come and discuss this further with me and the team.

Now as I have already asked before can you provide any evidence whatsoever that the team you are speaking of is or was an official representative of Sufc.

Take your time.

I've just done it mate (as you are aware)

Anyway, welcome back :thumbsup:

Right the quotes seem to be being attributed to the wrong people for some reason so lets make it simple.

Speedy can you show any official evidence of any Sheffield league club putting an official under 18's Sunday league team out in the last 50 years.

Take your time but use facts not fantasy for a change.

Edited by cherrytree03

It was a very young Owls side further depleted due to injuries at the time. Could you enlighten us as to who the players with "first team experience" in the side were?

Edited by top4718

It was a very young Owls side further depleted due to injuries at the time. Could you enlighten us as to who the players with "first team experience" in the side were?

The teams are on the Alfreton site where the record of the game hasn't been erased from the clubs statistics.