New Gym Taplin Road

Nice to see from the new North Pole Fitness signage at 25 Taplin Road, that someone is bringing something new and viable to the area :thumbsup:

Edited by steve68

Nice to see from the new North Pole Fitness signage at 25 Taplin Road, that someone is bringing something new and viable to the area :thumbsup:

There is already a Gym in Hillsborough at the top of Hawksley Avenue

Plus small Gym on Langsett Road virtually opposite the old Boys Club.

There is already a Gym in Hillsborough at the top of Hawksley Avenue

Plus small Gym on Langsett Road virtually opposite the old Boys Club.

Plenty of regular gyms in the area I use the 24hr one down at shalesmoor, but this new one is different, fitness using poles as in the type that pole dancers use.

They gone to a lot of effort, fixing up, the unit next to the print shop, it just good for the area to have something viable there again.

The lady whose business it is (Molly) has moved from a room at City Limits, to her own studio. She does fitness classes including pole, aerial hoop, she also offers kids' circus classes. Not many people know, but pole acrobatics began in circuses many years ago.

I haven't seen the new place but I'm looking forward to seeing what she's done to the place when I go for my next class tomorrow :D

The lady whose business it is (Molly) has moved from a room at City Limits, to her own studio. She does fitness classes including pole, aerial hoop, she also offers kids' circus classes. Not many people know, but pole acrobatics began in circuses many years ago.

I haven't seen the new place but I'm looking forward to seeing what she's done to the place when I go for my next class tomorrow :D

Well the place has had a LOT of work carried, given the short amount of time it has taken, the lady and her builders have made an impressive transformation.

I didn't know about the origin of pole acrobatics, other than cirque du soleil, aerial hoop and silks, I see preformed by a number of circuses.

It definitely looks like being something positive to Hillsborough.

There's an open day this Saturday if anyone is interested in giving pole, hoop or silks a go. It's 11am to 3pm.

Unfortunately I can't make it :(