Meet New People

Hi, I'm fairly new to the Sheffield area, I moved to Sheffield from a town called Mexborough to move in with my boyfriend, i am having trouble meeting new people and having friends in this area.

My boyfriend works too much and isnt very sociable but i like to be out in a pub and wanting to meet new people, firstly maybe one to one, then maybe a bigger group if it works.

This is for chat, drinks, food, walks, anything!

Im also wanting to get out on my bike for exercise but im between having eye surgery and waiting for the light nights and summer to come!

I still work in Mexborough full time but as a result of the surgery im not working at the moment!! Mainly because i cant really drive!

Thanks for looking and will look forward to meeting you :)

Tracy

PS Im in the S5 area

Have you looked at the meetup.com website? Loads of stuff going on on there. Join groups on Facebook and Twitter. I know there's a walking group on Facebook that's very popular.

Welcome to Sheffield Twace. We know Mexborough very well, ah yes, the Dearne Valley, or "Rotherham Riviera" as we know it. There's a lot to be said about it, but I won't repeat it here.

First thing is, if you want to meet new people, you really have to get out of the house to do that. Unless your house happens to be traversed by a public footpath or bridleway and they have a right of way through your garden or living room or something. It might be a good idea to join a local class to learn something like a hobby, or join a gym, or a cycling club, walking club, yoga, aerobics, whatever takes your fancy. If you are doing something you enjoy and are interested in the chances are you'll meet other like-minded folks.

There's no end of sociable pubs to visit in this city - I like places like the Broadfield and Beer Engine where you get a very mixed crowd of folks from all walks of life and it's very sociable.

You say you are "between having eye surgery" - does that mean you are having "nose surgery"? or just waiting to have eye surgery? Whatever it is, good luck with that but don't let that put you off going out on your bike. Get some good lights on it and try a few off-road trails, of which there are many around here. You'll be away from the traffic and out doing something you enjoy. However, if I'm understanding correctly then your eye surgery may be limiting you from being safe on a bike - so no point in taking risks there. But doing a spinning class at a local gym might help keep you cycling fit and again it's an opportunity to meet folk.

I would offer to meet you myself but I am dashingly handsome and it would only lead to trouble. But good luck anyway! ;)

---------- Post added 16-03-2017 at 20:59 ----------

Crikey! Came back on here thinking she'd be jumping at the chance - but no...it's not to be!:rant:

Hi, I'm fairly new to the Sheffield area, I moved to Sheffield from a town called Mexborough to move in with my boyfriend, i am having trouble meeting new people and having friends in this area.

My boyfriend works too much and isnt very sociable but i like to be out in a pub and wanting to meet new people, firstly maybe one to one, then maybe a bigger group if it works.

This is for chat, drinks, food, walks, anything!

Im also wanting to get out on my bike for exercise but im between having eye surgery and waiting for the light nights and summer to come!

I still work in Mexborough full time but as a result of the surgery im not working at the moment!! Mainly because i cant really drive!

Thanks for looking and will look forward to meeting you :)

Tracy

PS Im in the S5 area

Hi Tracy

Welcome to Sheffield from a fellow Mexborough resident!

I'm in a very similar predicament so would love to arrange a meet up if your still looking, let me know

Sandie xx

Hi sandie how are you?

I would like that every much!!

I will private message you when I get home!

My email address is < removed for security reasons >

Thanks

Tracy

Edited by mort

Forum users need to be aware that the forum management discourage meeting people in real life who you have encountered on an internet site.

If you choose to meet someone in real life who you have been introduced to online, please take precautions to do so in a safe way.

Make sure that someone knows where you are going and who you are meeting and set up a timed call to tell them when you are home safe afterwards.

Consider taking photos of the person you are meeting or their car (including registration plate) and sending this to the person who is awaiting your phone call.

Alternatively, attend in a group with friends who will all look after each other so that you can leave together at the end of the event.