Router ASUS doesn't connect

Hi, I'm looking for help with setting up the new router, ASUS RT-N66W. I've done everything what instructions say and spent 3 days trying to setup but it still won't connect. Please help!

What connection do you have?

I don't think that's a DSL router..

You need the RT-N66U, not the N66W if it's for a DSL (phone line) type connection...

if it's for virgin, you have the correct router, but you need to put your Virgin Hub in "Modem" mode, and then plug it from the first port (it's labelled) and into the single (blue) port on your new router...

It's Sky and I'm afraid it is phone line connection. So you're saying it won't work at all?

It's Sky and I'm afraid it is phone line connection. So you're saying it won't work at all?

It will work - but not how you want it to - you would still have to use your Sky Router, disable DHCP, specify an address for your new one etc... (I'm guessing you don't know what I mean by any of that either)

it's not really worth it, because of all the messing around.... return it to where you got it, and ask for the U, not the W :)

I've already done it, disabled proxy, dial up and set up TCP/IP to auto and it's still not working.

I've already done it, disabled proxy, dial up and set up TCP/IP to auto and it's still not working.

with your new one, make sure the DHCP Range is within 192.168.0.X (EXCLUDING YOUR ROUTERS IP's) -

Set an IP manually for your new router (that matches your old network, such as 192.168.0.X) - Disable DHCP on old one, plug from LAN 1 into Blue on new router..

DHCP on OLD = OFF

DHCP on NEW = ON

Thanks a lot for your help. I have up though and decided to swap it for U. Will it work straight away or will I need to go through all that messing about again?

Thanks a lot for your help. I have up though and decided to swap it for U. Will it work straight away or will I need to go through all that messing about again?

You will have to go to the web based configuration, and enter your Sky Username and Password.... that SHOULD be it, provided everything is plugged in correctly, it should work...

Thanks again, I'll let you know :thumbsup:

Not sure if you know this or not. For sky you need to extract the password from your original sky router. It is not your usual @sky one. Google it, and you will find the free programme required to do this. Had to do this to set up a netgear router.