Old pubs/disused buildings

I want to buy an old pub, preferably with no neighbours and preferably in north Sheffield. I've tried googling and trying to track down owners etc but with no success. On the rare occasions I have actually been able to contact owners/agencies, I'm told they can't be used for domestic dwellings only to then see the properties turned into flats!!

Can anyone help please?

Do any of you know of such a building and/or know someone who owns one?

Do these properties end up with developers via the odd 'back hander'?

Try bribing politicians and local councillors, seems to work for all the construction companies.

You can buy them, you can convert them, but obviously there aren't that many actually knocking around so you need to be patient.

What is your search area exactly, have you tried looking further?

If you're willing to be more flexible then odd bits and bobs pop up in auctions and stuff from time to time, things like old schools, old chapels, old children's homes and such.

You can buy them, you can convert them, but obviously there aren't that many actually knocking around so you need to be patient.

What is your search area exactly, have you tried looking further?

If you're willing to be more flexible then odd bits and bobs pop up in auctions and stuff from time to time, things like old schools, old chapels, old children's homes and such.

Thanks for the reply. I would definitely consider any building providing it doesn't have any immediate residential neighbours. The location could also be flexible although I would prefer it to be the north side of the city centre if possible. I suppose it's the building rather than the location that is most important to me! As a newbie to auctions, are you able to recommend any please?

---------- Post added 08-10-2015 at 17:20 ----------

Try bribing politicians and local councillors, seems to work for all the construction companies.

I have to admit that this does seem to be the case, shame I'm not rich enough to offer a bribe beyond a tenner :hihi:

You would need to get planning permission for change of use. You should do some research so you understand the particular challenge buying a pub will entail.

You would need to get planning permission for change of use. You should do some research so you understand the particular challenge buying a pub will entail.

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to research it as I'd want to turn it into a domestic dwelling where I could also run a business from. The problem is that each building would need to be checked individually and so I need to find a building first!

try Mark Jenkinson Auctioneers, they sometimes have ex pubs for sale.

I want to buy an old pub, preferably with no neighbours and preferably in north Sheffield. I've tried googling and trying to track down owners etc but with no success. On the rare occasions I have actually been able to contact owners/agencies, I'm told they can't be used for domestic dwellings only to then see the properties turned into flats!!

Can anyone help please?

If the upstairs of a pub has residential accommodation already then no change of use required to keep using the upstairs as residential.

The pub downstairs can be converted to a retail shop/supermarket without change of use being applied for but take note that business rates are payable on the pub part even if it is empty.

Changing the downstairs to residential will require planning.

Markjenkinsons auctioneers sometimes have pubs up for sale, a couple of my friends bought a pub from auction down attercliffe a bit back but be aware that more then likely they require upgrading as maintenance is not always upto date.

try Mark Jenkinson Auctioneers, they sometimes have ex pubs for sale.

Thank you ?

---------- Post added 08-10-2015 at 19:00 ----------

If the upstairs of a pub has residential accommodation already then no change of use required to keep using the upstairs as residential.

The pub downstairs can be converted to a retail shop/supermarket without change of use being applied for but take note that business rates are payable on the pub part even if it is empty.

Changing the downstairs to residential will require planning.

Markjenkinsons auctioneers sometimes have pubs up for sale, a couple of my friends bought a pub from auction down attercliffe a bit back but be aware that more then likely they require upgrading as maintenance is not always upto date.

Thank you, that's really helpful! :)

Can anyone help please?

The Pheasant at Sheffield Lane top has no neighbours and it's been empty ages.

Can anyone help please?

There are two empty derelict pubs on Neepsend Lane one of them is a listed building the other was a brothel years ago so I have been told.

One at Darnall up for sale, think it was called The Ball