If one was to be bitten by a Badger..

I was thinking. If one was to be bitten by a Badger, would one have reason to be worried?

You might find this an old question, but bear with me and all will become clear. I have discovered a Badger set and wouldn't mind going down one evening to see the Badgers. Anyhow, I will exercise extreme caution and will be careful not to get too close. Caution to one side, I can't help if one of these rabid Badgers attacks me with it's viciously sharp teeth. So, you can understand my concern and why I want to know what the dangers are.

Also, Badger attack avoidance tactics are welcome from any of you lot that have experience in that field.

I was thinking.

Evidence please!

hahahahaha!

Badger watch Bob!!!

:hihi:

yes i think so

i believe that badger's can have some pretty horrible disease's and i might be wrong but i think badger's can carry rabie's (dont know if spelled right) and thats some crazy s**t you dont want.

yes i think so

i believe that badger's can have some pretty horrible disease's and i might be wrong but i think badger's can carry rabie's (dont know if spelled right) and thats some crazy s**t you dont want.

Don't think that there is rabies in this country? or at least there wasn't.

Badgers allegedly do carry TB though.

I was thinking. If one was to be bitten by a Badger, would one have reason to be worried?

You might find this an old question, but bear with me and all will become clear. I have discovered a Badger set and wouldn't mind going down one evening to see the Badgers. Anyhow, I will exercise extreme caution and will be careful not to get too close. Caution to one side, I can't help if one of these rabid Badgers attacks me with it's viciously sharp teeth. So, you can understand my concern and why I want to know what the dangers are.

Also, Badger attack avoidance tactics are welcome from any of you lot that have experience in that field.

Go and see them, they really like it if you stick you head right into their sett.

My sisters garden has loads of badgers in she feeds them and they are so tame they come and bang on the door for food as soon as it goes dark. Their bloody claws are so long and sharp. I'd stay clear if I were you.

Remember that interfering with badgers is a criminal offence!!

Don't think that there is rabies in this country? or at least there wasn't.

Badgers allegedly do carry TB though.

There is no rabies in Britain, apart from occasional isolated cases caused by animals getting into the country that should not.

I'd still worry about getting bitten by any wild creature, not merely because of specific diseases such as TB (which badgers do indeed carry), but because it could very easily get infected; the bacteria in a badger's mouth may be nothing like the ones in our own bloodstream.

In general, though, the badgers are a lot more frightened of us than we are of them; they'll always prefer to run away if that's an option, and would only attack a human as a last resort.

Remember that interfering with badgers is a criminal offence!!

Interferring with any animal would get you a funny look at the very least :)

they'll turn tail and run before you get close enough to be bitten unless you corner them of course. I've watched many a badger and had them running over my feet just be calm and don't alarm them