Tips for job interviews with Sheffield City Council

Does anyone have experience with interviews with Sheffield City Council?

I have got a job interview with Sheffield First Partnership in 2 weeks time and would greatly appreaciate any interview tips anyone may have with the Council, I really would love this job!

Top tip for working at the Council ... Call in sick :thumbsup:

... I'll get mi coat :P

Only tip I can give is that in my experience you'll probably get a question around equal oppertunities.

having had 2 interviews in the last couple of weeks all I can say is:

1: equal opportunities, equal opportunities, equal opportunities

2: state how flexible you are

3: be friendly

When they ask the obligatory "what do you see as your weaknesses?" question

I dare you to say, "well, I'm bone idle, I've got no motivation, I don't pat attention to detail, I'm sick ALL the time, I'm usually late and I find it hard to get on or communicate with people"

I'd love to do that

I wonder how the interview went for skyfitsboy?

Do come and tell us.

Boyface, you sound ideal, welcome to Sheffield Council!

They might also ask about your knowledge of relevant pieces of law/legislation. Eg. they might be looking for you to mention the Disability Discrimination act, or whatever Act might be relevant to that position.

They will probably ask what skills you would bring to the position, and don't make the mistake of thinking they have read your application form because they probably will not have, so make sure you repeat everything you have already put on it!

Be sure to go on about your IT skills as working to reduce paper-based work is a big thing they are working towards.

I've recently had a couple of interviews at Sheffield Council. My advice would be to elaborate as much as you can on your key strengths when answering their questions. It's sometimes easy to sell yourself short. Obviously don't repeat yourself, but emphasise your skills fully and use examples.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

would this be a business support officer job with laughable "tasks"?

I'd just like to resurrect this old thread as Mrs Rathbon has an interview with the Council this week for a bog-standard admin job.

Having had a very unhappy spell as a Business Support Officer with the Council myself a couple of years ago, I seem to remember a document of standard interview questions knocking about on their intranet - does anyone know if it still exists?