The Grand Tour..

....put Chris Evans's Top Gear so deeply in the shade the poor thing got hypothermia.

(Yes, I have just stolen a Clarkson metaphor. It is most apposite)

watched it, enjoyed it, and im not interested in cars really, as i cant drive lol

watched it, enjoyed it, and im not interested in cars really, as i cant drive lol

And yet I feel strangly comforted by that news :)

I read the BBC review - talk about damning with faint praise. Its hard to do a petty review but theirs was petty.

And yet I feel strangly comforted by that news :)

I read the BBC review - talk about damning with faint praise. Its hard to do a petty review but theirs was petty.

:o

*takes back all he said in the website hacking thread*

It was on the one hand very comfortingly familiar and at the same time trying slightly too hard at times. Some of the jokes falling flat in front of that American audience was a bit cringeworthy... like having to explain who Carol Vorderman is or that whole RAF bit.

Don't think I'll be paying out £72 a year to watch Clarkson!!

Don't think I'll be paying out £72 a year to watch Clarkson!!

Don't then. I didn't.

Horrible crappola, glad I got it for nowt on torrent site, had I paid even a penny for it I would have topped myself.

I liked it. Yes they were trying a bit hard, the fight sketch was silly. But compared to the BBC Topgear it was like having an old friend back.

I'll pay for it, and next day delivery, amazon music, all the other series and films available, that's all a bonus, although my other half already binge watched 7 series of parks and rec! Which is probably worth a year's subscription anyway.

I liked it. Yes they were trying a bit hard, the fight sketch was silly. But compared to the BBC Topgear it was like having an old friend back.

I'll pay for it, and next day delivery, amazon music, all the other series and films available, that's all a bonus, although my other half already binge watched 7 series of parks and rec! Which is probably worth a year's subscription anyway.

Hopefully this will calm down after the initial shouty American start and settle into something a bit more palatable.

Disappointing. The "challenge" was nothing new and felt dragged out even longer than normal.

The bits in the tent were just awkward.

Disappointing. The "challenge" was nothing new and felt dragged out even longer than normal.

The bits in the tent were just awkward.

I agree with you and Cy. It was akin to an average episode of old (New) Top Gear.

But that is still considerably better than Evans's Gear.

Edited by Santo