Fish Pond - Matlock Bath - Where the fish went?

Was in Matlock bath yesterday and part of the ruitine is to look at the fish in the fish pond.... But they have all gone?

I was thinking they may have been re-homes for winter as its quite shallow.. Is this right?

Wouldn't have thought they would remove them for the winter but they may have. Do they still have fish in the big bath over the amusements? It is a long time since I was in there, it used to be full of fish. I think they had the old bubblegum machines where you put money in to get food to feed the fish.

Like Iansheff says, they may have moved them. That pond is too shallow for freezing temperatures.

I was wondering that last week. Although the pond is shallow they have never, to my knowledge, removed them before.

Was in Matlock bath yesterday and part of the ruitine is to look at the fish in the fish pond.... But they have all gone?

I was thinking they may have been re-homes for winter as its quite shallow.. Is this right?

As I understand it, the cars are taken off the cable at The Heights of Abraham cable car device this time of year and replaced with glass observation buckets into which the fish are placed to travel uphill and warmer climes in the form of the heated cafeteria at the top. Obviously, as well as being a nice treat/holiday for the fish, with panoramic fish-eye views of the Derwent valley on the way up, at £17.50 a pop, a handsome little earner for the cable car operator to boot.

As I understand it, the cars are taken off the cable at The Heights of Abraham cable car device this time of year and replaced with glass observation buckets into which the fish are placed to travel uphill and warmer climes in the form of the heated cafeteria at the top. Obviously, as well as being a nice treat/holiday for the fish, with panoramic fish-eye views of the Derwent valley on the way up, at £17.50 a pop, a handsome little earner for the cable car operator to boot.

I actually believed you until I read it back!

toob ot rotarepo rac elbac eht rof renrae elttil emosdnah a ,pop a 05.71£ ta ,pu yaw ............................... ?

Why would anyone read it back for crying out loud? :huh:

Haha, how long did that one take to type ;)

Not literally mean read it backwards you pleb, I meant read it again to grasp what you were saying lol

ytreb ynnuf si golbocla timda ot tog

Haha, how long did that one take to type ;)

Not literally mean read it backwards you pleb, I meant read it again to grasp what you were saying lol

Just use the cut/paste then 'mirror' (alt+45836) ;)

Thanks for that! Learn something new everyday :D

---------- Post added 02-11-2016 at 18:24 ----------

ytreb ynnuf si golbocla timda ot tog

I agree. But thanks for making my brain hurt even more.;)

Just use the cut/paste then 'mirror' (alt+45836) ;)

:confused:

¡ǝɯ ɹoɟ ʞɹoʍ oʇ ɯǝǝs ʇ,usǝop ʇᴉ ʇnq ʇɐɥʇ pǝᴉɹʇ ʇsnɾ I :huh: