No Orgreave inquiry

The home secretary, Amber Rudd, has rejected the possibility of an inquiry into the “Battle of Orgreave”, the brutal clash between police and miners during the 1984 miners’ strike.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/31/government-rules-out-orgreave-inquiry

This is a disgrace, there should have been a full inquiry, this needed to be resolved and all the questions answered

Really? Some miners got a bit annoyed, broke the law and had an unfortunate meeting with people they couldn't bully and now they feel all hurt by it and want someone to make them feel better?

No one died, it's not a Hillsborough. If the miners really want an inqury lets have one into their behaviour. I'd like to know who threw bricks at me very day I went to school. I'd like to know which brave miners in balaclavas took cricket bats to the school bus because they thought our fathers were scabs.

Will I get that? Course I won't. It was 32 years ago, get over it and move on or just rot like bitter old dinosaurs.

We was hasseled by the miners travelling to work in worksop every day,can I get compo for that.

Worked with a few miners who were at Orgreave and they deserved what they got.

The home secretary, Amber Rudd, has rejected the possibility of an inquiry into the “Battle of Orgreave”, the brutal clash between police and miners during the 1984 miners’ strike.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/31/government-rules-out-orgreave-inquiry

This is a disgrace, there should have been a full inquiry, this needed to be resolved and all the questions answered

I agree but i don't know one miner who who would answer them honestly.

Really? Some miners got a bit annoyed, broke the law and had an unfortunate meeting with people they couldn't bully and now they feel all hurt by it and want someone to make them feel better?

No one died, it's not a Hillsborough. If the miners really want an inqury lets have one into their behaviour. I'd like to know who threw bricks at me very day I went to school. I'd like to know which brave miners in balaclavas took cricket bats to the school bus because they thought our fathers were scabs.

Will I get that? Course I won't. It was 32 years ago, get over it and move on or just rot like bitter old dinosaurs.

so i take it that your quite happy with the people who are supposed to be upholding the law, possibly breaking it, they allegedly changed their stories and lied..?

would you be as happy if you were charged with driving at 40mph in a 30mph zone? even though you know you were driving at 30mph? but its okay because the police have the right to doctor the evidence

I wouldn't be expecting to get it changed after 32 years no.

Move on. The mines have closed. Decades ago.

so i take it that your quite happy with the people who are supposed to be upholding the law, possibly breaking it, they allegedly changed their stories and lied..?

would you be as happy if you were charged with driving at 40mph in a 30mph zone? even though you know you were driving at 30mph? but its okay because the police have the right to doctor the evidence

Would you be happy if someone admitted to trying to kill someone or threatening them and then changed their story when they got to court or in front of the police or in front of an inquiry?

Did the miners during their clandestine meetings around kitchen tables and in Miners Welfares keep any records that they could have changed ?

I wouldn't be expecting to get it changed after 32 years no.

Move on. The mines have closed. Decades ago.

its not about the mines closing though is it, its more important than that...

i see you didnt answer the question i posed you, never mind i know your answer

It's the right decision. The miners came looking for a confrontation and got one, if there had been no pickets there would have been no "battle". The police were only protecting themselves and local communities.

We was hasseled by the miners travelling to work in worksop every day,can I get compo for that.

Worked with a few miners who were at Orgreave and they deserved what they got.

Did Lesley Boulton deserve what she got?

It's the right decision. The miners came looking for a confrontation and got one, if there had been no pickets there would have been no "battle". The police were only protecting themselves and local communities.

Ahh of course you know the BBC showed the miners throwing stones at the police and then the police charging at them right? Did you know that wasn't the order it actually happened in?

---------- Post added 31-10-2016 at 15:38 ----------

Who is Lesley boulton?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/96988dea674d4961b3e5d471c05469913a45472e.jpg