The Dixie Chicks

I dont really know who these 3 girls are talent wise, but I am surprised by the total propaganda being labelled against them by a huge media news channel Fox News. Apparently one of them said 15 words in a London concert. Something to the effect of:

"They are ashamed George Bush is a fellow Texan and they are against the war." For this they have suffered 4 weeks of riducule and abuse , basically calling for Americans to boycott there records. Fox News has given astounding air time showing Americans stamping on CD's.

It's quite common to see papers in the UK do this to politicians but never keep a minor story like this running for so long.

Does Fox News think it is its job to crucify everybodies view other than its own?

Fox News - The channel of unbias and balanced news as there trademark slogan quotes. Are they right or wrong?

I think that if she holds those views she should stick to them, although I did here the girl say the other day she still beleives in what she said, she just wished she had used different words to express her own opinion.

Generally in music if your record is good the people will buy them. However, it seems Fox is on a moral crusade and how dare people speak out about our president.

There pet hates for 5 weeks have been the french nation and the dixie chicks!! and are villifying both at every opportunity. To be honest i quite enjoy the French bashing, without agreeing with a mainstream media news channel, as the right source to do this on.

Fox News is kind of like a far right wing tabloid format newspaper in television form, but they are always very entertaining and never bland, which is why I enjoy watching Fox News.

There presenters must lead an ultra clean lifestyle for there views not to blow back up in there faces.

Generally in pop music if your record is good the people will buy them. However, it seems Fox is on a moral crusade and how dare people speak out about our president.

Have you heard the music that the dixie chicks are responsible for?? If we had sent CD's over to Iraq there would have been no bloodshed - the Iraqi's would have run out demanding for the noise to stop!!!

If she said it she said it. The US is looking for everybit of support it can get for this one, it is in their best interests to stomp on em.

Moon Maiden

id hardly call FOX "right wing" to be honest, what the Dixie Chicks did was wrong, and a hell-of-alot of texans agree,

in similar news a pearl jam concert was abandoned by fans mid-show as the lead singer proclaimed his "anti-war stance"

Originally posted by "RPG"

id hardly call FOX "right wing" to be honest, what the Dixie Chicks did was wrong, and a hell-of-alot of texans agree,

in similar news a pearl jam concert was abandoned by fans mid-show as the lead singer proclaimed his "anti-war stance"

What the Dixie Chicks did was wrong? They mainly stated their opinion. They have a right to do this. As far as I am aware this was not on TV. Many more people have used their fame for a platform to promote their views from. Just look at the Oscars, I didn't see Fox News getting on anybodies case about that! Have you actually seen the amount of coverage that this little incident has received? I am talking about been mentioned many times a day for upto 4 weeks.

Incidently if Fox are not right wing then where do you think they stand?

Originally posted by "Moon Maiden"

Generally in pop music if your record is good the people will buy them. However, it seems Fox is on a moral crusade and how dare people speak out about our president.

Have you heard the music that the dixie chicks are responsible for?? If we had sent CD's over to Iraq there would have been no bloodshed - the Iraqi's would have run out demanding for the noise to stop!!!

If she said it she said it. The US is looking for everybit of support it can get for this one, it is in their best interests to stomp on em.

Moon Maiden

I understand what you mean but there is a limit. Like, I have said, never have I known such a minor story get so much coverage. Fox News were on these every hour for the last few days.

Originally posted by "Lickszz"

quote]

using a performance to push their opinions :roll: the crowd didnt like it anyway.

fox (and the rest of the US) see TDC as a joke anyway, and i dont think fox lean either way to be honest, they tend to lean on the side of what'd get most viewers

Originally posted by "RPG"

using a performance to push their opinions :roll: the crowd didnt like it anyway.

fox (and the rest of the US) see TDC as a joke anyway, and i dont think fox lean either way to be honest, they tend to lean on the side of what'd get most viewers

I must say I am very surprised at this view. Fox certainly is not neutral in any way.

Watching Fox News Channel can be like visiting a cult.

Since its inception in 1996, the 24-hour cable news channel has hammered viewers with the slogan "We report. You decide." The implication is that the other national news organizations -- ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN -- present the news from a liberal perspective.

Even if that's true, at least those networks have the good sense to be subtle about their alleged politics, thus maintaining a modicum of credibility as unbiased sources of news. With those networks, there is at least the possibility that viewers will get something approximating unbiased reporting and analysis.

On Fox News Channel, mostly everything is infused with right-wing politics. And most of the people who watch Fox's "reporting" have already "decided." That's why they're watching Fox in the first place.

Some of the presenters on Fox News actually look reasonably good to say that they have been up since 3 in the morning and make a honest effort to meet the company quota for smiles per hour!"

Based on the program's ratings success, that appears to be OK with a lot of people.

But in the morning I don't really like right-wing ideology drummed into my head.

I don't care whether Fox News Channel wants to present a right-wing political perspective. The channel's popularity indicates there's a market for it.

But just because there's a market for something doesn't mean it's any good.

I just wish they'd lose the pretense and be honest. Enough with the "fair and balanced" nonsense.

If they're so "fair and balanced," why do they need to point it out so often? Shouldn't it be self-evident? Or do they think I'm too stupid to realize? I get the distinct feeling they're trying to sell me something, and I have an inherent distrust of people who try to sell me stuff.

In the end, I guess I don't mind a news channel with reporting and analysis that challenges my beliefs, whatever they might be.

If you're more concerned about discovering the truth than merely having your opinions fit nicely into some rigid political ideology, you want to hear what everyone has to say.

Especially the people with whom you disagree.

I don't really take any of it as gospil but I can imagine how many people would! I do find it quite entertaining sometimes.

The Dixie what? don't know about talent, what talent? I personally wouldn't pay them out in eggs,( button's) It is these idiot's who buy their record's that have something to answer for.

These so called "pop" stars should keep their mouth's shut and get on with their music, however dubious their talent. It is not their business to interfere with American foreigh policy.

A number of year's ago, I remember when the Beatles were at the height of their fame touring America, one of them remarked during a concert attended by thousand's of fan's, that they "The Beatles" were more popular than "God."

This was a big mistake because there was a backlash agains't them with fans smashing their record's and abusing them personally. A salutory lesson was learned, that no one however popular is above critisism and can be brought down from their pedestal.

Originally posted by "halevan"

The Dixie what? don't know about talent, what talent? I personally wouldn't pay them out in eggs,

Well, have you even heard their music?

These so called "pop" stars should keep their mouth's shut

They're Country and Western - not exactly pop, is it?

It is not their business to interfere with American foreigh policy.

In a free county, anyone should be able to pass comment on foreign policy. If a singer wants to express a political viewpoint, then that's their perogative.

I like the work of the Dixie Chicks. Own many of their CDS.

As Americans they were more than entitled to an opinion on their own government's policies. More so than outsiders. Oh boo-hoo if it upset the official propaganda effort. I applauded their stance. Respected them for it. It's what free speech is all about.

I'm just waiting for them to say what they think about Trump.  As for them being pop stars/country stars/whatever, Bob Dylan's been spouting political opinions for decades. So has Neil Young. Why, when the 'Chicks did it, was it 'wrong'?  Answer: it wasn't.