Old monitor output

Whilst my comp is being fixed I have dug out an old comp originally attached to a large CRT type monitor but can get nothing at all on the modern type monitor - 15 pin at each end of cable . Is the output on the old comp not the 15 pin socket ?

Whilst my comp is being fixed I have dug out an old comp originally attached to a large CRT type monitor but can get nothing at all on the modern type monitor - 15 pin at each end of cable . Is the output on the old comp not the 15 pin socket ?

Older computers are more likely to have 15 pin (usually blue)

it could be DVI, but then that's more likely for the new-er computer....

Post a picture or something :)

Do you need to manually select the input source ('channel') on the monitor?

Most LCD TVs of any age also have a DSUB input (15-pin VGA, I assume that is what you mean in your OP), perhaps try your old comp on that if you have one?

Other than that, perhaps the video output on the PC is borked, or there is a resolution problem? (Though I'd expect a modern monitor to auto-adapt)

Do you need to manually select the input source ('channel') on the monitor?

Most LCD TVs of any age also have a DSUB input (15-pin VGA, I assume that is what you mean in your OP), perhaps try your old comp on that if you have one?

Other than that, perhaps the video output on the PC is borked, or there is a resolution problem? (Though I'd expect a modern monitor to auto-adapt)

I know the comp had an output when connected to the old monitor which I gave away. The old comp has 1 large red socket . 1

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 20:44 ----------

I know the comp had an output when connected to the old monitor which I gave away. The old comp has 1 large red socket . 1

As I was saying ( THIS ....... comp - number 3 - is playing up as well ) .. 1 med. yellow socket, and 1 small green multi-pin plug : and the blue 15 hole socket , I am using . Will try the comp on a TV .