The new Beatles film

Where is it on in Sheffield? I can't find it.

Wait till Nov 18th it'll be out on DVD....

"THE BEATLES: EIGHT DAYS A WEEK- THE TOURING YEARS" was shown in the Showroom Cinema on the 15th, but not sure it's showing again..

(I believe, and from reading, that on the 15th it was shown in lots of places, and that was the only day, hence the quick DVD release)

Wait till Nov 18th it'll be out on DVD....

"THE BEATLES: EIGHT DAYS A WEEK- THE TOURING YEARS" was shown in the Showroom Cinema on the 15th, but not sure it's showing again..

(I believe, and from reading, that on the 15th it was shown in lots of places, and that was the only day, hence the quick DVD release)

Thanks, I wondered if that was the case. Seems a shame though, I'd like to see it in a proper cinema.

shouldve time travelled back to the 60s and seen em in their prime, immense

For some reason it seems unreal to me they came to Sheffield multiple times, even at the absolute height of their fame in 1965.

For some reason it seems unreal to me they came to Sheffield multiple times, even at the absolute height of their fame in 1965.

5 times according to this;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_Beatles%27_live_performances#1965

I don't think 1965 was the "height of their fame" either - from Sergeant Pepper (1967) onwards was when they went truly global.

5 times according to this;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_Beatles%27_live_performances#1965

I don't think 1965 was the "height of their fame" either - from Sergeant Pepper (1967) onwards was when they went truly global.

1965 was the height of "Beatlemania". By 67 onwards other good acts started arriving on the scene, and existing one's began blossoming, taking some of the bloom off the Beatles.

Edited by Guest

1965 was the height of "Beatlemania". By 67 onwards other good acts started arriving on the scene, and existing one's began blossoming, taking some of the bloom off the Beatles.

Google NME poll winners concert 1965, it will take you to a fabulous one and a half hour concert with the Beatles, Stones, Animals, Kinks, Searchers, Seekers , Them etc etc. A lot of chat between the singing has been cut out, save for introducing each band and the sound has been doctored. Absolute nostalgia for those who were teens or early 20's at that time.

----------------

That right Alan i went too see it at Sheffield Odeon on the 15-9-2016.

it was a live talking out side in Trafalgar Sq. Yoko was there and

other guess. the film itself was on about an hour/half/ price £10-50.

----------------

That right Alan i went too see it at Sheffield Odeon on the 15-9-2016.

it was a live talking out side in Trafalgar Sq. Yoko was there and

other guess. the film itself was on about an hour/half/ price £10-50.

The new Beatles movie aired on Canadian TV last night, very well done and the sound was like never before, even the two surviving Beatles heard stuff for the first time, and they performed it lol. They used to watch each other's moves to see where they were in the songs. The crowd noise has been reduced dramatically.