Have you seen a hedgehog?

I had an adult and baby one last year. I followed the instructions on Spring Watch, the year before, and there they were!

Then one night coming home, I noticed the adult squashed in the road, and not seen one since.

My friend found one in her car boot recently!

Glad there's a post above reminding people to check bonfires before lighting.

Used to see loads when I was a kid but haven't seen an unflattened one for a long time :(

Saw an adult one one the front garden a while back - I was surprised by the size. Saw it dead by the side of the road a couple of days later :(

Our Springer Spaniel used to pick 'em up and bring 'em indoors!

I'd be sitting there, and all of a sudden hear a bump as the 'hog hit the deck.

I'd take it back outside, place it on a shovel, and gently roll it off over the garden fence into the adjoining field.

A few minutes later, I'd be sitting back indoors, and all of a sudden hear a bump as another 'hog hit the deck....

It wasn't always the same one - juvenile, adult - the Springer wasn't bothered.

How he never hurt himself, I don't know....but he was ever so pleased at his hunting skills!

We had one or two regularly in our garden, fed them, and photographed them....but sadly, think a local badger may have eaten them...

1 adult, 1 kid in my garden nearly every night. God knows where they go during the day.

Contact Social Services. :hihi:

I haven't seen a hedgehog in about 2 years, used to see them regularly as a kid.

I haven't seen a hedgehog in about 2 years, used to see them regularly as a kid.

Theres more traffic on the roads these days. :hihi:

Theres more traffic on the roads these days. :hihi:

Haha agreed, I remember as a kid Herries Road not having a single car on it for 15 or 20 minutes at a time, nowadays its 15 or 20 cars a second.

If I see one trying to cross a country lane, I always stop the car find something to pick it up with and carry it across. But always take note of the direction it was heading :hihi: dont put it back where it started and that goes for Tortoises. :hihi::hihi: