'How to build a human'

You ever seen a robot walk? Or run? Its hilarious and often involves them falling over. The best Ive seen walks up stairs like its nursing a hangover.

Those little white ones are gorgeous, and have been made deliberately cute. There's something called the 'uncanny valley' which is actually a scientific term, also touched on in the programme, which was really interesting.

Apparently, the more robots get to resemble real humans, the more unnerving humans find them. By the time they are saying 'Wow, that's amazing, so likelike it's uncanny,' they are well and truly spooked. This is something the makers of lifelike robotics are trying to work out and deal with. They call it the uncanny valley.

Fascinating stuff.

---------- Post added 02-11-2016 at 15:37 ----------

If you put 'human robots' into Youtube, you'll get some idea of where we're at. Still a long way to go I admit, but getting there.

'The sexy robots will replace humans' one shows a wide range of movements, (but the pole is a bit strange...)

Those little white ones are gorgeous, and have been made deliberately cute. There's something called the 'uncanny valley' which is actually a scientific term, also touched on in the programme, which was really interesting.

Apparently, the more robots get to resemble real humans, the more unnerving humans find them. By the time they are saying 'Wow, that's amazing, so likelike it's uncanny,' they are well and truly spooked. This is something the makers of lifelike robotics are trying to work out and deal with. They call it the uncanny valley.

Fascinating stuff.

---------- Post added 02-11-2016 at 15:37 ----------

If you put 'human robots' into Youtube, you'll get some idea of where we're at. Still a long way to go I admit, but getting there.

'The sexy robots will replace humans' one shows a wide range of movements, (but the pole is a bit strange...)

I'm watching the very excellent Westworld on sky Atlantic so I'm interested on how robotics can develope ;););)

I'm watching the very excellent Westworld on sky Atlantic so I'm interested on how robotics can develope ;););)

Haha, started watching that last night and on episode 2. :thumbsup:

Is there a gunslinger like Yul Brynner in the TV version?