Favourite instumental break in song.

Eve of Destruction of course. By the way Just watched a complete concert of the NME poll winners 1965 on you tube , every body is on it and I mean everybody, Beatles, Stones, Animals, Kinks, Them, Moody Blues and tons more all live of course, Great stuff. Google it and it will take you there.

Yes Mr.T. watch that YouTube video (NME Poll 1965) every Saturday, including yesterday, my wife likes looking at Billy J. Kramer (wonder why ?). My wife is from Puerto Rico and until I found this video about a year ago ,had never heard of him. Also the backing group, The Dakotas incudes Mick Green (a Matlock lad) formerly of Johnny Kidd and the Pirates and the excellent drumming (before drumming got too daft) of Tony Mansfield, Elkie Brooks' brother.

Yes Mr.T. watch that YouTube video (NME Poll 1965) every Saturday, including yesterday, my wife likes looking at Billy J. Kramer (wonder why ?). My wife is from Puerto Rico and until I found this video about a year ago ,had never heard of him. Also the backing group, The Dakotas incudes Mick Green (a Matlock lad) formerly of Johnny Kidd and the Pirates and the excellent drumming (before drumming got too daft) of Tony Mansfield, Elkie Brooks' brother.

Talking of Mick Green check out Paul McCartney and David Gilmour live at the Cavern 1999 Despite Gilmour being there Green plays almost all the solos on his Telecaster, Ian Paice on drums. Chris Hall on keys. All the good early rock songs. There is a heckler there in the crowd too, wonder if it was Pete Best:hihi:

Edited by TORONTONY

Heard it yesterday on the way back from Sheffield...

The piano solos between each verse of "Morning has Broken" - Cat Stevens - I'd forgotten how much I loved those!!!!!

Tunnel of love-Dire straits. On this 8 min track, the last 2 mins of the song is a musical break of guitar, percussion and keys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=611Wxihk9vk

Got to agree, I'd forgotten about that one. It's on 'Alchemy live' along with my favourite track 'Sultans of swing' and 'Telegraph road'.

There are some great instrumental breaks on there including Mel Collins on sax.

The only weak track on there IMO is 'Love over gold' but then again it's all about personal preference.

Talking of Mick Green check out Paul McCartney and David Gilmour live at the Cavern 1999. Despite Gilmour being there Green plays almost all the solos on his Telecaster...

Being a fan of the black/white-stripe-trousered Telecaster-meister (and privileged to see the Pirates at the Marquee), thank you for reminding me of that gig.

Solo from the Traveling Wilburys poor house

Anything by George harrison

I have two......although the first is not an instrumental break ( the song is entirely instrumental ) it must rank as one of the best and I'm sure loved by all: Albatross by Fleetwood Mac.

Picture in your minds eye standing on the cliff tops of a coastal place watching the sea crashing against the rocks and seagulls flying over the waves, hum the song to yourself - its fits beautifully.

My second is an instrumental break and is definately one of my favourite's: All Right Now by Free, whenever I hear this song it reminds me of the 1970's ( an era I loved ).

I have two......although the first is not an instrumental break ( the song is entirely instrumental ) it must rank as one of the best and I'm sure loved by all: Albatross by Fleetwood Mac.

Picture in your minds eye standing on the cliff tops of a coastal place watching the sea crashing against the rocks and seagulls flying over the waves, hum the song to yourself - its fits beautifully.

My second is an instrumental break and is definately one of my favourite's: All Right Now by Free, whenever I hear this song it reminds me of the 1970's ( an era I loved ).

Ah Albatross the original version of Fleetwood Mac, with Peter Green and Jeremy Spenser. Hard to believe they played the Black Swan after that record hit the charts.

Talking of Free, always liked Paul Rogers vocals whichever band he fronted. By the way my younger brother went to University with the late Paul Kossof's younger brother.

This one's for an old workmate of mine! He was a big Jethro Tull fan, Here's Ian Anderson at his best with a great instrumental break, intros not bad either.