Any experience of the 'Green Deal' assessors?

Has anyone had any experience of getting a 'Green Deal' assessor round for a report? I'm interested in getting the deal for cavity wall insulation and double glazing but there is a long list of assessors for my area and wondered if anyone has had an assessment done and could recommend a company they used?

I had one done, waste of £100 as they can only give you a loan for which the re-payments are less than the amount you save. I was told I could get insulation, a boiler, double glazing, and I can't get anything. The other thing to bear in mind is that the loan rate is 5% per year and repayments can be anything from 10 to 25 years so the total amount repayable is often more than getting a bank loan!

If you want cavity wall insulation some post codes in Sheffield are still eligible for it to be done free through a council grant, the scheme is through CISCO. I'm getting cavity wall and loft insulation thorough that scheme for free and given up on Green Deal, it's a con! even British Gas told me they can't get it to work for most people.

Thanks Geekygirl, I was worried that might be the case so glad you've confirmed it for me! I'll look into that CISCO thing and see if it could be of use to me too! Thanks :)