Private house sale

OK- I accept your apology. Now: back to the topic that we left at post #7 (except for on-topic posts #17/18 ).

How's the new approach to touting for business going Jeffrey? :hihi:

It's called 'advertising', you see. And not too badly- thanks for your interest!

I think the smug-o-meter just went off the scale again. Oh dear, never mind.

Sold my house privately, had no problems whatsoever.

Will do the same when it comes to selling my current home.

don't think it works selling privately,it's hard enough using an agent and they do most the work , good luck anyway!

don't think it works selling privately,it's hard enough using an agent and they do most the work , good luck anyway!

Our agent did very little, when we sold our house in DEC we sold for £10,000 on top of the EA best effort and saved £7,000 on EA fees, our total out lay was £360 have too say it worked for us.

I my experience private selling works, as long as where you are selling is in a fairly sought after area.

We've bought privately by putting flyers through doors so there is no reason that you can't do the same but in reverse, you might find one of your neighbors wants a bigger/smaller property for example.

get a sale board made up to look good, get it on as many websites as poss and setup a sale email address/phone number so you're not getting bothered on personal numbers. Also, get great photos done, tap up photographer friends!

Geoffrey's comments about getting a solicitor involved early on is debatable. You must get one involved after an offer has been accepted, so that conveyancing goes smoothly, but it is entirely reasonable to say that 2 parties can agree a price and move forward without third parties in the middle.

Just be prepared to take on the chasing and correspondence usually dealt with my an EA. Use the thousands you save to treat yourself to a holiday afterwards!