Borneholm Dog Rescue and Rehabilitation is here :)

Hi all,

I started a thread a few months ago which was asking advice on an idea me and my mother in law had. We was wanting to help dogs that had come to rescue for what ever reason and that had suffered extreme abuse, mental or physical issues and look at working with them in our own home so we can get them the second chance they deserved at being placed with a new home. We was wanting to work with a rescue centre who could then rehome them for us.

However after much time, conversations and meetings later we realised that the only way we would be able to help the dogs in the way we want is to set up our own charity. This would mean that the dogs that came to us would then become our responsibility to rehome.

SOOOOOOOO......

Here we are!!! Borneholm dog rescue and rehabilitation has been running approximatly 4 weeks now and we have already successfully rehomed 7 dogs that have come to us in extreme conditions. We are proud to be doing the work we are. Our house has never been so full of life!!!

We will often post our dogs for rehoming on here. We are also in the process of setting up a website, But due to this being costly, we are having to wait for some more donations to come in. We have also been offered support through Oldcotes Saddlery, who has a charity raffle running for us, and have a board in their shop where you can come and see our success stories, see what pooches we have currently in our care, and discuss what it is you may like to rehome.

We thrive on your support, so please bear us in mind when looking for your next companion.

All our dogs are given a complete profile, which will be looked at in depth to ensure we get them the forever home they deserve.

Any questions please contact me and i will be happy to help.

Sarah - Rehoming co-ordinator @ BDRR xxx

Can I be the first peson to come on and say "WELL DONE and GOOD LUCK".

I'd love to welcome you too, but before I do that I'll have to get my head around a dog rescue named after a disease ;)

WOW and congratulations!

well done for doing what im sure plenty of people would love to do!

maybe joining the list of rescues on http://www.ineedahome.co.uk could be a start to getting the dogs out there on the web? :huh: Or even http://www.dogsblog.com

Im sure there are plenty of free host sites out there too, that way any cash you have can be spent on the babies you are helping???

Welcome to the forum an hope you do well.

Thankyou all. We are really grateful for your support. Hopefully we can join the other rescue centres and also do an amazing job at getting thes pooches a new home :) xxx

Hi there, all the very best with your new venture. xx

Welcome on board and to the life of rescue. I'm sure many pets will be pleased that you have offered to help them in their hour of need. Good luck and always ask if you need help - you never know just who on here can help - unless you do.

Thanks. We have a good network of support (many from here already) But are always happy to ask if we need any more information. We are really pleased with the feedback we have been given so far, Only trhis am have i had a call to say they have been given our number by someone who has had a successful rehome from us. Its soo pleasing to know we are making a difference, in just a small period of time. I guess that means i should carry on with the website! xxx

Thanks. We have a good network of support (many from here already) But are always happy to ask if we need any more information. We are really pleased with the feedback we have been given so far, Only trhis am have i had a call to say they have been given our number by someone who has had a successful rehome from us. Its soo pleasing to know we are making a difference, in just a small period of time. I guess that means i should carry on with the website! xxx

Hi,

Congratulations on getting up and running, must be a great feeling to be helping the cause in such an active manner :D

Krush has mentioned http://www.ineedahome.co.uk as a way of getting your dogs on line, I'm the admin there and would be delighted to see your animals included - the site is run as a volunteer project by my wife and I so there is no charge, we just want to help. If this is of interest to you please get in touch via PM or using the website.

All the best

Gluggy

Hi, Please could you post a contact address or phone number for yourselves as I am unable to find one, sorry I am new to all this, if there is one there somewhere just point me in the right direction!

Many thanks : )