Can you use fairy liquid to wash your car?

Please settle an argument between me and my partner! She has washed my car in fairy liquid and i am sure that this damages the paint work, is this true??:huh:

We always use fairy(gentle on the hands you know:love:)

'She has washed my car'

dont be so ungrateful

aaahhhhh classic! after some of the other more serious posts, this has made me laugh. i haven't a clue what answer is but thanks anyway. I hope she hasn't ruined your car LOL

Not sure if it's true, but I thought you weren't supposed to do the car in washing up liquid, as it has salt in it??

if fairy damages paint, what the hell does it do to your skin?

no it wont hurt your car, your window cleaner will use fairy or a cheaper version to clean your windows and your frames on your house too. it doesnt damage it bud. so give her a big kiss say thankyou and go wash the pots.

DON'T DO IT!!

I was reliably informed once that it will over a long period damage paint work.

Something to do with the de-greasing ingredients of washing up liquid draws out the "oily" part of the car paint that gives it the protective qualities.

then use something called wax?!?!? it protects the car from substances like that you know.

You supposedly shouldn't use it because it contains salt which can cause the car to corrode although you'd have to be a pretty enthusiastic car washer to put more salt on through washing that it gets anyway from the salt used to stop roads freezing. It does also remove wax which might have been used to protect the paint so if you want to keep it shiny don't use mild green Fairy Liquid.

Some red cars particularly Vauxhalls paint gets completely ruined as you might sometimes have noticed.

some of the younger generation tend to wash cars with petrol:|