Alternatives to lyceum pantomime

I would like to take the kids to the pantomime but would rather not pay £100 to do so.

Any recommendations for pantomimes from amateur dramatic companies?

I've started visiting Chesterfield over the past 2 years since i had trouble getting Lyceum tickets when i wanted them.

Not quite as salubrious surroundings but very enjoyable.

We go to the manor operatic one at the city hall every year and are never disappointed.

There is also one at the Academy theatre in Birdwell, haven't seen a pantomime by them but judging by other shows I've seen them do, it will be fantastic :)

Sheffield Transport Club at Meadowhead is hosting "Mother Goose" on friday 19th December ...tickets are on sale now, adults £5 and children £3. We are expecting a visit from Santa at the end of the show too!!! Please ring 0114 2373216 for more information.

Usually the Manor Operatic Society are very good each year at the City Hall.

Another vote for the Manor Operatic show at the City Hall (this year it's Peter Pan). In the past we've had balcony seats and been quite happy with the view, though we are trying the stalls next even though it's a bit more expensive.

We also go to the amateur pantomimes at the Montgomery Theatre. See the list at:

http://themontgomery.org.uk/events/theatre

I've been a fan of the Handsworth & Hallam Theatre Company since seeing their production of 'Half A Sixpence' so I'm really looking forward to their next panto - Sleeping Beauty' in January.

I think there is something at the The Venue Stocksbridge but I can't find anything on their website at all. never been though, oh found this but the page is broken:

Fri 5th December Panto- Dick Whittington Panto- Dick Whittington

Dream Team Theatre Company are performing a panto here at The Venue, This year it is Dick Wittington.

This bright and colourful show is filled to the brim with action and adventure. Dick arrives in London in search for fame and fortune. Things go well until he and his pet cat Tommy catch the attention of lord of the underworld King Rat. Travel with Dick and friends from London town to the far shores or morocco, in a thrilling fight for survival against a ruthless arch enemy. Who will Win and become Lord Mayor of London?

For anymore information please contact The Venue- 0114 283 8692

I know its not pantomime, but LADYBOYS OF BANGKOK show is on at their Big Top on Devonshire Green until Sat 6 December and half-price ticket vouchers can be picked up from various bars/venues around town such as Dempseys.

I know its not pantomime, but LADYBOYS OF BANGKOK show is on at their Big Top on Devonshire Green until Sat 6 December and half-price ticket vouchers can be picked up from various bars/venues around town such as Dempseys.

I don't think the Ladyboys of Bankok is suitable for kids though Tyranna

I think there is something at the The Venue Stocksbridge but I can't find anything on their website at all. never been though, oh found this but the page is broken:

Fri 5th December Panto- Dick Whittington Panto- Dick Whittington

Dream Team Theatre Company are performing a panto here at The Venue, This year it is Dick Wittington.

This bright and colourful show is filled to the brim with action and adventure. Dick arrives in London in search for fame and fortune. Things go well until he and his pet cat Tommy catch the attention of lord of the underworld King Rat. Travel with Dick and friends from London town to the far shores or morocco, in a thrilling fight for survival against a ruthless arch enemy. Who will Win and become Lord Mayor of London?

For anymore information please contact The Venue- 0114 283 8692

Are you seriously suggesting this venue as an alternative to the Lyceum Theatre in Sheffield? I think it is a million miles away from the Lyceum experience don't you?

Are you seriously suggesting this venue as an alternative to the Lyceum Theatre in Sheffield? I think it is a million miles away from the Lyceum experience don't you?

Read the second line of the opening post.