F1 2014 Megathread

Would be just his luck if that happened.

Although Lewis might just play it cool though.

I think so. He seemed that way today looking at him after Qualy - very focused.

I think he will play it right. Shame the last track makes it more boring though. Zero chance of rain or any change in temp other than expected, 99% chance of conditions that they expect.

I know Lewis is a professional. I don't think I would be. Depending on mood, I'd probably just take him out first corner and think of Spa, then regret it afterwards. It's why I'm not a professional modern racing driver, and he is.

Lewis has won this season in reality, but the points and new rules count, and he has to finish it.

Let's hope for a good race!

Off for now.

Brilliant.............. well done Lewis , fantastic

I second that:thumbsup:

Great to see Lewis win after all that has gone on this season.

Deserves to have more than just one world championship that is for sure.

What a surprising end. I bet Lewis was fearing the same failures could plague him.

I'm really pleased the "battle" turned out to be a damp squib and Williams got a well deserved podium for two brilliant drivers and two brilliant cars.

And an honourable mention to Stevens, I love how he defended his position from Ferrari at one point, upsetting Alonso!

The BBC coverage was even worse than usual though. A full 26 minutes at the start of the show analyzing and re-analyzing it over and over, and terrible dramas and monologues about the battle. Even when DC was interviewing Button on the grid, he asked him a quick question then quickly moved onto the Hamilton Rosberg topic.

A true sportsman, you're a credit to your parents,to your team, to your country and to yourself.

Well done Lewis

Congratulations Lewis it would have been a tragedy if he had not won the championship after winning more than half of all the races and more than double the races of his nearest rival.

Lewis's car was in Salford Quays this morning (and probably on bricks ho ho) for BBC Breakfast. Wish I'd known, it would have been great to go and see it in person.

McLaren confirm Jenson Button & Fernando Alonso for 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30430564

Shame for Kevin. I was kind of hoping the three car teams would pan out so they'd all have a drive.

Yes but Jenson is a legend to some...blah blah some excuse to keep him in F1.

British driver I know but the way Sky and BBC pundits were making out Jenson was one best drivers of all time towards the end of season was pretty embarrassing to read/watch. It was if his possible exit from McLaren was wrong like a slap in the face and he deserved a better send off from F1.

Sadly they don't do testimonials in F1 like they do in football and certainly not for someone who in my view wasted most of his career. McLaren's line up should be Fernando and Kevin.

Totally agree. McClaren just want to keep the big names. Yes, they're former world champions but I think that's all they will be. I don't think they can ever win a title again.

Interesting to hear that Button took a big pay cut to keep his seat.

Totally agree. McClaren just want to keep the big names. Yes, they're former world champions but I think that's all they will be. I don't think they can ever win a title again.

Interesting to hear that Button took a big pay cut to keep his seat.

Speaking of cuts.

Looks like Marussia's assets are being auctioned off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30394940