How to take legal actions with a mobile service provider

Abit of advice guys

I am on 02 network and somebody has rang in trying to hijack my number which went through. This resulted me loosing my business number for 3 weeks. I have been able to get my number back. Got a manager to listen into the call and he confirmed that data protection was broken within the 02 and the advisor did not go through security with the third party and which allowed the third party to transfer my number to a different SIM card

How do I go forward in suing and taking matters further, I have lost out on a lot of money which meant by business suffered

Step by Step ...

Write to O2 and ask them for what you want.

Detail exactly what has happened and what losses/compensation you want reimbursed.

Forget it you will get nowhere with O2 they don't give a damm....and will break a contract if it's better for them. Make sure you record all conversations with O2 as they will say they have no records of your call .

An important question, do you have a business contract or a residential contract with o2?

Make sure you record all conversations with O2 as they will say they have no records of your call .

Is it possible & legal to record other people's phone calls without informing them?

Is it possible & legal to record other people's phone calls without informing them?

Yes & Yes.

You need to raise a dispute with o2 before going to an ombudsman.

Try the internal route first, collect all evidence and make notes of who said what when.

Edited by 999tigger

Iv reported it to he police, action fraud an odbustman so hopefully they will

Investigate and take legal action where appropriate